P775DMx(-G) aka "WINGMAN" - Executive Lounge

The Default eurocom configuration of the 775 is with the desktop GPU and also with the addition of the 4k screen,if you were to configure the 870DM to match it's (the 775) specs the 870 easily more expensive,although yes compared to other vendors i do agree it appears to be a few hundred bucks more expensive,that is with the 870DM atleast.For now though i'd assume the price to be a place holder and as information gets passed on prices will be adjusted accordingly.That was the case with the new sky x4 and sky mx5

Yeah, Eurocom told me that the dlx7 would be about 250 USD more than the sky x6 if the x7 was configured similarly to the x6. But I find that Eurocom seems to be the cheapest to get new Clevos if you live in Canada, but don't know if that's true for sure.

Yeah, Eurocom told me that the dlx7 would be about 250 USD more than the sky x6 if the x7 was configured similarly to the x6. But I find that Eurocom seems to be the cheapest to get new Clevos if you live in Canada, but don't know if that's true for sure.

It was, if they had the same monitor. Instead, only the 4K screen is offered. This means it costs more.

What advantages are there for the 775dm1-g over the 770DM besides the ability to add a gtx 980? Is cooling that much better?

I have no source on this but,assume since the cooling system needs to be revamped to tame that 980 beast,i see no reason to stop halfway and not improve the cpu cooling aswell.I do not expect it to be as coool as the 870DM if both were equipped with same wattage card (like maybe minor variation in degrees) and same would go for the 770DM.I'd expect clevo to improve the cooling of 775 over 770 a bit(maybe nothing major)

It shouldn't be too much longer until release - ??Clevo

Somewhat interesting (and I hope is a mistake), is that the specs do NOT list NVidia GTX 980 (desktop) nor does it list a QFHD display. Again, I'm hopeful this is just a mistake on their web site.

It will support both GTX 980 (180W version, not 200W) And 4k display.

It will support both GTX 980 (180W version, not 200W) And 4k display.
Yes. This is what we've read in the public arena, but to me it is not official until Clevo says so. So, how do they do that? By putting out the info on their web-site or issuing an official Press Release. I guess a vendor's configuration page would suffice too.

Since we've seen so much reportage about GTX 980 (desktop 180W), my guess is there is just a mistake on Clevo's web site.

Pretty expensive though, compared to their p770DM!
Yeah. The Wingman is $500 CAD ($375 USD) LESS than the P870DM when configured with similar cpu, memory, display and graphics card. I was hoping there would be a bigger difference in pricing between the two models.

It shouldn't be too much longer until release - ??Clevo

Somewhat interesting (and I hope is a mistake), is that the specs do NOT list NVidia GTX 980 (desktop) nor does it list a QFHD display. Again, I'm hopeful this is just a mistake on their web site.

??Clevo

Isn´t that the gtx980 180W version?... ( P775dm1-G instead of P775dm )

PS: here is the 4k Auo panel version of the laptop: Eurocom Configure Model

??Clevo

Isn´t that the gtx980 180W version?... ( P775dm1-G instead of P775dm )

If that is like the other Clevo models, the "-G" will mean the Wingman with G-Sync monitor/graphics adapter. And BTW, P775DMx-G will also mean a non-4K panel as nVidia has not yet certified any 4K panels as G-Sync. And yes, the desktop GTX 980 for Wingman is the 180W version.
PS: here is the 4k Auo panel version of the laptop: Eurocom Configure Model
I saw that too. I hope: 1) Clevo updates their web site and 2) North American/USA resellers gets those displays.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2015 at 4:39 AM, jclausius said:

It shouldn't be too much longer until release - http://www.clevo.com.tw/clevo_prodetail.asp?id=897

OK.  This is a bit interesting, and I misinterpretted Clevo's model numbering scheme.

According to their website correctly, the "P775DM" will be the model for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M/970M (mobile GPUs).  However, the P775DM1 (notice the trailing "1" - which is also the title for this thread), will be the model sporting the GeForce GTX 980 (Desktop GPU).  So for those awaiting the appearance of this model on vendor websites using the Clevo numbering scheme, make sure you verify the correct model number / feature before ordering. 

[  Not that you wouldn't do that in the first place.  :>)  ]

On a related note, here's one of the first reviews I've come across - http://www.notebookcheck.net/Schenker-XMG-U716-Clevo-P775DM1-Notebook-Review.155740.0.html

• 2 weeks later...

We had a dev-system to play with for over a month now, so it should't be too far off from a public release...not sure why the mass-production got delayed though...

TBH, the "PHOENIX" model had my sole attention for the past two months, but Mods are done and I'll be able to again focus on other things come the NY...   

• 2 weeks later...

I have a P775DM1-G, Nvidia 980 (notebook) and a i7 6700K installed.

In taxing games (Assassin's Creed Syndicate), I am getting Current Limit Throttling on the CPU.

I've attached a screenshot of XTU.

The retailer has forwarded my query direct to Clevo last week, but figured I'd query here while waiting for a response. It's not desirable that the 6700K is being downclocked during gameplay. What's going on? It's not something there is lots of info about, compared to Power or Thermal Throttling. Perhaps I set something incorrectly in XTU. I think the P870DM might be experiencing the same?

I've had the laptop since mid december, and it's occurred several times.

The only reason I noticed this was due to XTU monitoring. Now that I have noticed it.. it's bugging me. Other than this issue, the performance of this laptop is amazing.

0.png

Edited by snowpepsi

Call me slightly confused... Does anyone have any info on what the delay is regarding full release to North America /US would be? I see the Wingman has been available in Europe for about a month, but nothing can be found on my side of the Atlantic from US vendors.  What gives?

4 minutes ago, jclausius said:

Call me slightly confused... Does anyone have any info on what the delay is regarding full release to North America /US would be? I see the Wingman has been available in Europe for about a month, but nothing can be found on my side of the Atlantic from US vendors.  What gives?

The UK retailer I used is now showing the P775DM1-G as out of stock until February. No explanation why.

Edited by snowpepsi

On 1/11/2016 at 0:48 AM, snowpepsi said:

I have a P775DM1-G, Nvidia 980 (notebook) and a i7 6700K installed.

In taxing games (Assassin's Creed Syndicate), I am getting Current Limit Throttling on the CPU.

I've attached a screenshot of XTU.

The retailer has forwarded my query direct to Clevo last week, but figured I'd query here while waiting for a response. It's not desirable that the 6700K is being downclocked during gameplay. What's going on? It's not something there is lots of info about, compared to Power or Thermal Throttling. Perhaps I set something incorrectly in XTU. I think the P870DM might be experiencing the same?

I've had the laptop since mid december, and it's occurred several times.

The only reason I noticed this was due to XTU monitoring. Now that I have noticed it.. it's bugging me. Other than this issue, the performance of this laptop is amazing.

Sadly that's normal for P870DM/P775DM1 models with stock Clevo BIOS.

Fixed it for the Prema Mod versions...

Interesting!

Am I holding out false hope by reporting this back to Clevo and looking for a BIOS update from them?

Edit: There is presumably a BIOS update due for the skylake CPU microcode update? source

Edited by snowpepsi
added link to intel skylake freeze issue

3 hours ago, snowpepsi said:

Interesting!

Am I holding out false hope by reporting this back to Clevo and looking for a BIOS update from them?

Edit: There is presumably a BIOS update due for the skylake CPU microcode update? source

For them it's not a "bug", but a "feature"...

Skylake bug is already fixed in the Mod as well:

Set set it up exactly as explained in the Simple instructions for freezing a Skylake Processor thread and I ran Brother @Prema latest beta BIOS v.1.1 mod with Prime95 on the Sky X9 from 4:30 PM to 7:45 PM without so much as a hiccup on the 6700K. So, if you are using a Skylake machine with Premamod support you should not have anything to lose any sleep over. Not sure if it was actually important in was in the first place since it never affect me before, but if it was, it's not now. Good job, Prema....

• Guest changed the title to P775DMx(-G) aka "WINGMAN" - Executive Lounge
  • Brian unpinned this topic