[vBIOS - MODS] Asus - Prema Mod™

On 2016-02-19 at 9:43 PM, Prometheus091 said:

@Exostenza

I have the same model but not the problem. Maybe it was a bad flash?

Try to flash the bios again (before doing it make sure you load your standard bios options).

Still not possible to activate Gsync on our old  Asus G751JY  ? 

It is not possible to activate it because of lack of Nvidia licence on old G751's

There is an Asus program right now for an upgrade to G-sync for all G751JY/JT. It costs about 90-100 dollars. It may be little, it may be to much, you decide for yourself. 

Be aware that the program works only till this summer, if you loose the train you won't be able to get it in the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Prometheus091 do u know anything about my problem? I've tried to flash my g751jt w/gsync but the only message i saw was mismatch model or smth.

14 hours ago, Prometheus091 said:

It is not possible to activate it because of lack of Nvidia licence on old G751's

There is an Asus program right now for an upgrade to G-sync for all G751JY/JT. It costs about 90-100 dollars. It may be little, it may be to much, you decide for yourself. 

Be aware that the program works only till this summer, if you loose the train you won't be able to get it in the future.

Eh hmm so you mean if I buy the license now it will expire this summer? lol... The milky way

@Rockya

No what I ment was that the Asus upgrade program for G-sync will expire this summer; after that you won't be able to upgrade anymore. Sry for my bad english

23 hours ago, Zetal said:

@Prometheus091 do u know anything about my problem? I've tried to flash my g751jt w/gsync but the only message i saw was mismatch model or smth.

What GPU do you have? If it is a 980m, you should use the third file provided on the main page. If you have the 970m g-sync, you should dump it and ask Prema or Klem to mod it for you. 

Do not flash files that state errors, if you don't know exactly what you are doing, it may brick your laptop.

Power throttle is disabled on my mods and so is the slider, because if you don't have power throttle you don't need to adjust it. ;)

Just set Mhz and voltage and play! 

• Guest changed the title to [vBIOS - MODS] Asus - Prema Mod™

Hi guys i do little.. **** i dl bios from other site and she dosent work propertly now card start 90c when i try to play someone have stock g751jy bios? gtx980m 4gb wihout g-sync i cannot download this oc becouse im new user rylly thanks!

Hi Prema. Hi Klem.

As promised, I am back ;)

I just recived back my G751JY form Asus where it  was upgraded to G-sync capability through an official Asus program.

I don't know what the guys at Asus changed to make g-sync work, but probably swithed in at least a new motherboard (I am certain of that since now the MB has a M.2 Pcie slot for SSD's, that I didn't have previously).

Prema, Klen,.....could you take a look at the dump of my new 980m G-sync vbios (dumped with GPUZ)  and see if it is the same as the one you already have on the first page of this thread?

If it's the same vBios you already unlocked, can I safely flash it on my G751JY G-Sync?

If it is indeed a different 980m g-Sync vBios, could you please spare some of your time to unlock the voltage controls for this one too? 

Best regards

GM204.rom

Edited by Prometheus091

• Bios Modder
17 hours ago, Prometheus091 said:

Hi Prema. Hi Klem.

As promised, I am back ;)

I just recived back my G751JY form Asus where it  was upgraded to G-sync capability through an official Asus program.

I don't know what the guys at Asus changed to make g-sync work, but probably swithed in at least a new motherboard (I am certain of that since now the MB has a M.2 Pcie slot for SSD's, that I didn't have previously).

Prema, Klen,.....could you take a look at the dump of my new 980m G-sync vbios (dumped with GPUZ)  and see if it is the same as the one you already have on the first page of this thread?

If it's the same vBios you already unlocked, can I safely flash it on my G751JY G-Sync?

If it is indeed a different 980m g-Sync vBios, could you please spare some of your time to unlock the voltage controls for this one too? 

Best regards

GM204.rom

Hi!

Yes, now you can use vbios from first page: Asus G751JY_4GB_GTX980M-G_OC_PM_v1.1.1

7 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Yes, now you can use vbios from first page: Asus G751JY_4GB_GTX980M-G_OC_PM_v1.1.1

So they are the same. Interesting. 

I flashed it and everything is working well.

Thx Klem.

And thx Prema for the original mod

Edited by Prometheus091

Hi

Sorry for my english I'am French

I would like to download the vbios for my G751JT modified by Prema to unlock voltage for my GTX 970m.

If i have understand to have this file I need to give a little money by Paypal isnt it ?

How Much may i give?

How to download the file after please?

Thanks U for your answers.

Best Regards

Sylvain

Edited by ruyblaster

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, ruyblaster said:

Hi

Sorry for my english I'am French

I would like to download the vbios for my G751JT modified by Prema to unlock voltage for my GTX 970m.

If i have understand to have this file I need to give a little money by Paypal isnt it ?

How Much may i give?

How to download the file after please?

Thanks U for your answers.

Best Regards

Sylvain

Just read "User account promotions":  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotions-please-read/

Also you may opt to upgrade to a T|I Elite Member account which will give you full privileges for a set period of time.

• 2 months later...

This looks very interesting, it great to have some overclock options with the VR stuff still in dev stage.

I have a G751 with a promo GSync upgrade, strangely my board was not replaced (I know cause I marked it prior to dispatch) I was advised that in Czech Rep the techs can do this upgrade on existing boards, apparently a Chip is added to the board.

Edited by drunkenninaj

• 1 month later...

Hey prema!

Was wondering if you could help me with my g750jz 880m 4gb. I have a modded bios that ive done myself and I can get a good stable overclock.

The problem is when I increase the voltage above the default max voltage 1137mv I get a huge drop in frames. Usage is still fine and the clocks do not change. It could be a power issue but seems to be something limiting the card from actually using more voltage even tho the voltage is unlocked to 1200mv. And on top of it the power usage is dropping while I overclock instead of going up when I increase the voltage past 1137mv, really weird and haven't dealt with this before. Like when I'm at 1137mv in occt I get about 76% power usage, while at 1200mv I get about 58% power usage at the same oc. I have tried everything to see about getting past this weird limit and cant figure it out.

Also just to let you know my temps are fine 75 to 80c max after hours of gaming.

The only thing I can think of is if my card is hard limited to 130w max even tho I have increased the values above that and it dosn't use that much while actually gaming only in occt, or there is some implementation in the ec firmware or the bios that is limiting the mxm slot from gaining more power and in turn is limiting the power even more when I ask for more voltage. Let me know what you think about this.

If you could make a modified 880m 4gb bios or if you can take a look at mine that I have created that would be awesome! And if there is something in the ec that is limiting the gpu somehow I do have a programmer and have my own unlocked bios :). So that's not a problem willing to take the leep. lol Let me know what you think and if I should pm you my bios and my modded bios.

Thanks prema!

Kamiccolo

Edited by kamiccolo

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! I'm late to the party. I'm new to PC gaming. I got my G751JT 2 months ago. I want to overclock my 970m GPU. i've been researching online, but don't want to take any risk. I'll rather have a professional or some with knowledge who knows how to work it, anyways am glad i found this thread and could u send me a link to download. I wasn't allow to download it thru the link provided in the first page. I'm willing to pay. please reply and thanks for reading. 

• Bios Modder
7 hours ago, OvOcolor said:

Hey guys! I'm late to the party. I'm new to PC gaming. I got my G751JT 2 months ago. I want to overclock my 970m GPU. i've been researching online, but don't want to take any risk. I'll rather have a professional or some with knowledge who knows how to work it, anyways am glad i found this thread and could u send me a link to download. I wasn't allow to download it thru the link provided in the first page. I'm willing to pay. please reply and thanks for reading. 

Hi!

Please, read "User account promotions":  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotions-please-read/

Then you can download mod vbios for your laptop from this link:

All instructions "how-to" already included in archive from link above.

Edited by Klem

• 1 month later...
  • Bios Modder
On ‎26‎.‎06‎.‎2014 at 3:59 PM, Prema said:

(These vBIOS are NOT compatible with other models)

Hi theredbaron91!

Please read carefully the first post of this thread.

Edited by Klem

• 1 month later...
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic