[vBIOS - MODS] Asus - Prema Mod™

• 8 months later...

Hi, this is excellent work. Just wondering is there a way to change the clock and voltage permanently in the bios? Sono need to reset every boot? Can you tell me which editor to use? Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Hi, this is excellent work. Just wondering is there a way to change the clock and voltage permanently in the bios? Sono need to reset every boot? Can you tell me which editor to use? Thank you.

You could simply set an nvidia Inspector profile to load at boot.

I use a hex editor...

hey man i have tried to modify the core clock or remove the limit of 135mhz but nothing successful ,, any tips how to remove the core clocks limit ??

Maybe flash the Mod from the OP? :D

• 3 weeks later...

You sir, are a wonderful person ;)

The vBios mod installed without problems and the GPU is rock solid stable in my initial testing using overvolt at 1.1v and overclock at 1300Mhz GPU / 5700 Mhz MEM.

Temperatures are a little higher on 1.1v (6-10°C) during extreme gaming, but it was expected. Still they are in a safe zone in the 70's °C.

With 1.087v, the GPU OC's easily to 1300Mhz (1300+ boost) without extra heat and without artefacts.

So Overall I think the GPU does have a lot of room for improvement thanks to the good heatsink and fan on the sistem that keep up with the extra heat generated ;)

In the next weeks I will test the GPU on various overclock settings and post my results here for other G751JY owenrs.

Thank you again for taking the time to mod my vBios. Donation well deserved.

Should you need to test future updates of the same mod, please let me know :)

BENCHMARK N.1 - Unigine Heaven 4.0

Stock PremaMod (GPU 1127 - MEM 5010 - Volt 1.062)

post-38913-14495000911347_thumb.png

OC+OV PremaMod (GPU 1325 - MEM 5600 - Volt 1.100)

post-38913-1449500091201_thumb.png

But more than synthetic scores, I am interested in a good stable gaming OC/OV that will last my 980m for a long time without killing it ;) and I prefer game benchmarks as they provide a real picture of the GPU's performance.

At the moment I have only COD:AW installed and I don't belive this game comes with a benchmark test. But, just for reference, on the penultimate single player map, "Captured", the FPS range go from 70-80 (STOCK) to 88-96 (on same OC/OV I made on Unigine Heaven 4.0 test)

BENCHMARK N.2 - Stalker: Call Of Pripyat

A rather old game, but still DX11. This are my benchmark settings:

post-38913-14495000916829_thumb.jpg

PremaMod STOCK (GPU 1127 - MEM 5010 - Volt 1.062)

post-38913-14495000917077_thumb.jpg

PremaMod OC+OV (GPU 1300 - MEM 5500 - Volt 1.087)

post-38913-14495000917556_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just used Prema's instructions (see rar file) and it all went smooth. The only precaution I used was to restart the computer before doing it.

As always with bios or vbios updates, be careful to have battery charged 100% and pc plugged in.

Good luck and post some fo your overvolting/overclocking solutions (possibly stable ones for gaming, not for benchamrking) ;)

Well I just used Prema's instructions (see rar file) and it all went smooth. The only precaution I used was to restart the computer before doing it.

As always with bios or vbios updates, be careful to have battery charged 100% and pc plugged in.

Good luck and post some fo your overvolting/overclocking solutions (possibly stable ones for gaming, not for benchamrking) ;)

Ran the ModMe.Bat as Admin ... Unfortunately it tells me this:

post-40077-14495001025688_thumb.jpg

Ran the ModMe.Bat as Admin ... Unfortunately it tells me this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16348[/ATTACH]

You have the g-sync version of the GPU and need another mod.

Dump and PM me your vBIOS.

OP updated with G751JY - GTX980M-G (g-sync edition) Prema Mod!

ENJOY! :)

Hi Prema, nice to see you resolving it for the g-sync guys too :)

I have been using your mod (non g-sync) for a few weeks and it work perfectly. Great work!

I would like to have your personal opinion on one thing.

G-sync worked fine on my G751JY with the leaked drivers back in february 2015, and I belive the only difference between "g-Sync" and "non-G-sync" models is suposed to be a different hw ID for what are essentially the same hardware components...

Do you think is there any chance for us NON G-sync G751JY users to have a G-sync enabled somehow in the future? (with a Bios/vBios mod or some other way) ?:01:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I flashed the vbios with success for the 970M 3gb on my Asus G751 and I could bump up the core clock to 1400 stable but I can't seem to get the memory beyond +150MHz without random colors flashing in game. Tried lowering the core clock to a 1200 to keep the temp down but still not able to go higher on the memory clock. Any tips? I'm thinking that its my luck that I got a low quality memory that can't handle memory overclocking. But is it possible to increase the memory voltage like when we're overclocking system memory?

Another thing, will repasting the gpu improve my memory overclocking? I am due for cleaning out my fans and might consider doing a repaste job. Thanks.

Prema, is it possible to change the voltage to default, i.e. leave it untouched? Even though I repasted, the GPU gets a bit too hot for my liking with the new vBios so I'd just like to see how far I can go with standard voltage until I really need the additional performance. Also, I got weird behaviour: E.g. when minimizing Witcher 3 und bringing it back up again, fps was locked to 30 and the GPU wouldn't clock higher then ~670 until a reboot.

Also a question to everybody: Did you guys get voltage control working with Afterburner? I didn't, so I had to use Asus GPU Tweak, which is an abomination. I'd really like to stay with Afterburner...

Hi I also use Asus GPU Tweak. I am not 100% sure about this but I belive MSI afterburner does not support voltage control on our 980m...or at least I never been able to use it. Contine with GPU tweak, the latest version work fine for me :)

And about the temperatures...that probably depends on how fortunate you are with your GPU. Mine gets only sround 5°C higher with overclock to 1300 Mhz core / 5400 Mhz mem. And I sincerly don't know how much further I can go since I didn't try 'cause I don't need to right now. One thing I would control is if the metal plates fit well on the CPU/GPU since I find it strange that you have temp problems even after repasting.

Hi !

got g751jt 970m 3gb

right now I try prema mod I did also backup but I will need instruction in future how to do it .

Right now I use 1.1 v 300mhz core and 500mhz mem seeems to run very smoothly without problem

What a Beast

Hi I also use Asus GPU Tweak. I am not 100% sure about this but I belive MSI afterburner does not support voltage control on our 980m...or at least I never been able to use it. Contine with GPU tweak, the latest version work fine for me :)

And about the temperatures...that probably depends on how fortunate you are with your GPU. Mine gets only sround 5°C higher with overclock to 1300 Mhz core / 5400 Mhz mem. And I sincerly don't know how much further I can go since I didn't try 'cause I don't need to right now. One thing I would control is if the metal plates fit well on the CPU/GPU since I find it strange that you have temp problems even after repasting.

I thought so. There are people with really bad temps (me included) and there are people with awesome temps. I read the default voltage is kinda dependent on the ASIC score? Mine is beyond bad...

Before repasting I got nearly to 90°C under heavy gaming load, after repasting the 980m is significantly colder (~mid 70s under heavy load), same as the CPU now after repasting, though that are temps people got before repasting (GPU though, not CPU).

The heatsinks sit perfectly, they press uniformly and firmly onto the chips!

The default OC vBios voltage is significatly higher what GPU Tweak reports as default voltage now with standard vBios. Even with default vBios voltage and clocks, I cannot game for too long (for example demanding titles like Witcher 3 or Evil Within) before I get a "grey screen" and I need to reboot.

• Guest changed the title to [vBIOS - MODS] Asus - Prema Mod™
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic