[vBIOS - MODS] Asus - Prema Mod™

Just follow the included readme file...GPU must me active...for that keeping GPU-Z ope is enough.

Also stay away from 361.xx driver...any other version is fine.

Is it strange that i max out my gpu to 700+ and the temps are 44? , i thought everyone was getting 80c or near 92c or something, I downloaded the file for the 3gb asus and it's so cool still, i feel like it could go higher then max!

I downloaded the mod and everything seems to be working perfectly but there's a problem when i use an extensive application gpu tweak says the gpu is stuck at 540 mhz, do i have to do anything more to make it unlock? No wonder why the temps are so cool

2723f6c2b239f948ec0661b224b07252 (1).png

0bf87ec403c9545dab717b5b7b47f144.png

Three possibilities: 

- You are running on battery

- The Windows power plan is not set to performance mode. > Edit Windows power plan to performance mode.

- The card crashed on very high clocks before and is now in "safe mode" > Power cycle the system with a full shutdown, then reboot on battery and plug in AC Adapter only in Windows. (Sometimes even needs a fresh flash to reset).

Then next time clock the card lower...something like 1300Mhz @ 1.1v...

The 1700Mhz you have set there is unreached on Maxwell Mobile (except in our internal testing with special mods and 1.4v)...

Also get rid (uninstall) of EVGA Precision/GPU Tweak and instead use NVIDIA Inspector.

Some of the settings there in EVGA look like stuck from an old version.

Are all of the instructions in the download for how to install this? If not could someone explain to me how to do this and if there are any extra programs i need to download first? Also what is the best program for overclocking using this method?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Prema, I have a question

Asus has made available the possibility to UPGRADE the "old" G751JY notebooks to G-SYNC tecnology. Here is the LINK to the thread on the Asus forums.

In order to do this, it will be probably necessary to sent it back to Asus so they can make the necessary hardware and software upgrades.

I would like to flash on the GPU my original 980m vBios (that I have dumped before using your modified one). 

Could you please point me to the right flash program and version, and what commands do I need to type to re-flash back the original vBios file?

Of course I will be providing you with a dump of the new original vBios (G-Sync enabled) as soon as I recive my notebook back, so you may compare it with the one you already posted here.

Thank you and keep up the good work

Prometheus091 

On 23/1/2016 at 2:35 AM, Eklyptus said:

Are all of the instructions in the download for how to install this? If not could someone explain to me how to do this and if there are any extra programs i need to download first? Also what is the best program for overclocking using this method?

Hi Eklyptus!

Yes, the files come with a readme and instructions on how to do it. It's streight-forward, Prema made it real easy for us ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

@Prometheus091 We will also need a dump of your motherboard BIOS as apparently there are some HWIDs that will be added which the software checks on the GPU BIOS and the motherboard BIOS. I am excited to see if we can all get this for free after someone like you dumps the files for everyone. 

@Prema What exactly is wrong with the 361.xx drivers? Will the Asus bios get updated to v2.0? Thank you so much for your work. This is awesome. 
:frantics:

Edited by Exostenza

Although my card seems to be much more stable with this BIOS I get a black screen when booting my machine about half the time and I need to hit the power button twice to put it to sleep and wake it in order to get my login screen. This absolutely co=incided with loading the Prima BIOS on my G751JY w/GTX980m and I would greatly appreciate if us Asus users could get updated to v2.0 as I am hoping that will deal with the issue. I am on 361.43 btw.

@Prometheus091 thanks for the reply. I have loaded up 361.91 after using DDU (which seems to be a rock solid driver btw) and the problem seems to have gone away!

Still wondering if the v2.0 mod would benefit us Asus users or is there no real benefit if there are no 361 based issues?

Thanks again for your awesome mod. Definitely enjoying the new found stability. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 24/2/2016 at 6:40 PM, Exostenza said:

@Prometheus091 thanks for the reply. I have loaded up 361.91 after using DDU (which seems to be a rock solid driver btw) and the problem seems to have gone away!

Still wondering if the v2.0 mod would benefit us Asus users or is there no real benefit if there are no 361 based issues?

Thanks again for your awesome mod. Definitely enjoying the new found stability. 

Well guys here tend to be on the practical side of things so if Prema is not updating he mod to 2.0, it is probably because it doesn't need to. At least that would be my guess.

Happy to see you resolved your problems.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
4 hours ago, moriello said:

Is it possible to unlock and improve G551jw 960m vbios ? Many of users have problem with thermal throttling during long game sessions. Maybe somebody can help us ?

vbiosg551jw.rom

In this laptop Asus placed thermal throttling limit in EC firmware (no in vbios). This means that for solve this problem, you need flash bios with moded EC firmware only with hardware programmer device.

6 hours ago, Klem said:

In this laptop Asus placed thermal throttling limit in EC firmware (no in vbios). This means that for solve this problem, you need flash bios with moded EC firmware only with hardware programmer device.

So we can do nothing with thermal throttling ? Maybe there is a way to slow the rise in temperature ? And what about power throttle which also occurs ?

Now my gtx960m is OC 135mhz on core and 135mhz on memory  (vbios limits) and throttles after half an hour of gta v. It's no so bad but always could be better.

And here is my full bios, maybe it could help.

g551jw.rar

Good morning,

I have been watching your work for quite a while now and I have been waiting for an update on the 3gb G-SYNC version 970m on the ASUS g751JT.

I have got this Asus model but cannot seem to find the unlocked vbios for it ( 3gb 970m G-SYNC asus g751JT)

Could you kindly help me if I were to send you my vbios?

Thanks in advance.

Good day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello, Prema

I am looking foward to use  your vbios version specially for g751jt with gsync enabled, i've already sent you a message on your website. Thanks a lot for your job. 
Here's my vbios and information about card and system:

2016-03-29.png

gpu-z.gif

• Guest changed the title to [vBIOS - MODS] Asus - Prema Mod™
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic