EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
jam97

UEFI and Ideapad Y510P??

Does Ideapad Y510P support UEFI ?

If yes, how to get benefits from it?

Thanks,

Yes it does support UEFI and also Legacy. Benefit is faster boot time mostly, but it have many more benefits but it is a long list. You have to try google.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks,

I already installed win8 with lagacy mode enabled but if UEFI enabled, it will not boot!

I attached the massages I got after enabling UEFI.

53a8ba85617ba82fa1ce33c7ad9a18c3.jpg

72fdbefed369cfa879b076e29fb62e76.jpg

989aedebcf2e498ab4e1f3abe88d5f66.jpg

I don't understand what is it supposed to do?

Did you installed Windows 8 from USB? If so, then you have written Windows to USB for legacy BIOSes. You have to write Windows 8 to USB for UEFI and legacy bioses.

Download Rufus USB from here. Launch it. Select Windows 8 iso file. Select USB device from which you will be installing Windows, select MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI, if that does not boot try GPT, leave filesystem as it is. Check that all settings are correct and press start. Wait until it finish the process and reboot computer to BIOS. From boot options enable booting from UEFI. Save, restart and boot into Boot Manager, select your usb, and now you can install Windows 8 in UEFI mode.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for help, it works with GPT option.

But my HDD is with MBR partitions. I have 4 partitions, so is it possible to change only the partion C: without losing the other partitions?

After I did some internet search I found a method to convert the entire HDD into GPT even after installing Win8 in legacy mode without losing any data or reinstalling Windows8 in UEFI mode.

By using AOMEI partition software, you can convert any MBR disk to GPT disk without losing any data.