[vBIOS - MODS] Alienware - Prema Mod™

It means that nvflash lost communication with the chip...probably because of driver interference or the GPU switching off and enabling the iGPU instead.

Reboot and retry in Windows power mode and while gpu-z is open or use another driver for flashing.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Prema, thank you for your great Job, I vave a 980M in a M17RX4, for me, i thought that the Vbios Mod for the AW 18 it's better in mi computer, better points(arround 100 points in MSI Kombustor) in 3d Benchmark Test, and i have a Little problem with Aida64, if i put the AW 18 Bios mod run perfect, but if i put the clevo versión Aida Crash, i think that it's something with the temperatura sensor.....

Why you prefer the clevo Vbios Mod? Whta's the difference ???

Anyway, thank you for your Great Job, and sorry for my English!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can attest here that the Alienware 17r3 vbios works like a charm! Thank you so much @Prema . The vbios works great for the 970m, i was able to push it to over 1400mhz on the core with the voltage at maximum. I will remind people that if you plan on going over 37.5mv on the voltage offset, it will drain your battery even while on ac power. On my system atleast, a +37.5mv offset was the highest i could go without draining the battery. I suggest for anyone willing to try this excellent mod to invest in a 240watt ac adapter or even a 330watt ac adapter from the alienware 18 to get the highest OC on power. This chip can definitely surpass a stock 980m stock chip with a proper overclock and cooling.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/16/2016 at 0:26 AM, Observer said:

Hi @Prema,

The GTX970M on my Alienware 17 (2013) is of MSI 3GB version.

My driver version currently is 358.91, which is quite old, before any vbios update is required to install newer driver.

Can I install this  vbios v2 from here  GTX970M_6GB_MXM_OC_PM v2 ?

Nobody seemed bother to reply to this. Is my understanding correct? Do I need to flash the vbios v2 before I can installed the modified driver?

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/12/2016 at 5:26 PM, Observer said:

Hi @Prema,

The GTX970M on my Alienware 17 (2013) is of MSI 3GB version.

My driver version currently is 358.91, which is quite old, before any vbios update is required to install newer driver.

Can I install this  vbios v2 from here  GTX970M_6GB_MXM_OC_PM v2 ?

Hi, you cant flash a 3GB version with a 6GB vbios. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all. New here. I've got an AW m15x R2 and im getting a black screen right from boot, no display but I am able to connect an external display and works fine through there but not with the laptops own display. 

This is with the Clevo GTX 980M.

Other cards worked fine.
I've come to the conclusion that i need a vbios mod to fix this but i'm new to vbios modding and even flashing. 

i don't see this aw m15x r2 in your support list.

can you help me out with this?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks.

• Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic