GM204: GTX 980 / M5500 - N16E-GXX/Q7 - ALL variants

Will put all GM204 info right here...WIP

980 MXM 3.0

I. CLEVO P870DM-(G) - 200W / 8GB / 1190Mhz Base / 1190-1228Mhz Turbo / 3500Mhz vRAM / (115x108mm)

Spoiler

N16E-GXX_200W_FRONT.jpgN16E-GXX_200W_BACK.jpg

II:

CLEVO P775DM1(-G) - 180W / 8GB / 1190Mhz Base / 1190-1228Mhz Turbo / 3500Mhz vRAM (115x83mm)

CLEVO PxxxDM(-G) - SLI

Spoiler

N16E-GXX_v2_FRONT.jpgN16E-GXX_v2_BACK.jpg

III. MSI GT72S - 150W - 8GB / 1140Mhz Base / 1190-1228Mhz Turbo / 3500Mhz vRAM

&

IV. MSI WT72 6QN - 150W - 8GB / 1040Mhz Base / 1165-1228Mhz Turbo / 3300Mhz vRAM (M5500)

Spoiler

MSI-GT72S-GTX980-FRONT.jpgMSI-GT72S-GTX980-BACK.jpg

IV. MSI GT80S - SLI 130W - 8GB / 1064 Mhz Base / 1140-1228Mhz Turbo / 3500Mhz vRAM

Spoiler

MSI-GT80S_GTX980_FRONT.JPGMSI-GT80S_GTX980_BACK.JPG

980 BGA

V. ASUS GX700VO - 1x0W - 8GB / 1190Mhz Base / 2500Mhz vRAM

VI. Aorus X7 DT - 1x0W - ("...delayed due to temperature issues...")

VII. Acer Predator 17X

Yep, that is very much "it"! It's a Clevo card as used in the P775DMx...

They will need a bit of extra juice through that power connector, so its modding time on non-officially supported systems (also because of their additional length).

Clevo has been testing them since Q1, but has not published any SLI release plans, yet.

GTX 980 SLI here we come! D

hmmm, i wonder if itll also do without the extra power connector...i guess itll depend on the clocks one is gonna be applying. and the only downside to that would be burning through the mobo cuz its not able to pass thru so many amps :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Also depends on the vBIOS if it would fire up without the extra juice connected...plus we may need to mod the heatsinks and also accommodate the extra cm length.

Do-able for sure but not Plug'n'Play...

There is a power supply port in P770zm so I believe it has a great chance for gtx980. ^_^

And P870DMG with 980SLI will be the most powerful laptop(desktop CPU plus desktop GPU ,fascinating!)

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 2

4+1 power phases, this might actually have a higher memory clock (6 or 7ghz?)

Isn't it still shorter than the 200W monster(nvm saw the dimensions in the other thread lol)? Seems like they'll fit the P870DM just like that but as you mentioned the heatsinks will need some modding.

980 SLI here we come :Banane53:

It would be awesome if Clevo officially had this as an option.

• Thumbs Up 1

4+1 power phases, this might actually have a higher memory clock (6 or 7ghz?)

Isn't it still shorter than the 200W monster(nvm saw the dimensions in the other thread lol)? Seems like they'll fit the P870DM just like that but as you mentioned the heatsinks will need some modding.

980 SLI here we come :Banane53:

It would be awesome if Clevo officially had this as an option.

Unless they put inductors on the backside, that rightmost inductor is for the memory phase. What's weird though is it is only .22uH. Usually the memory has .56uH inductors, and the 680m had a 1uH. This will hurt memory clocks. Switching this out for a .56uH and piggybacking memory caps will be one of my first mods, assuming I can find this card for something < $800. Otherwise I will likely be getting a used 980m.

Prema what do you think the odds are of these cards working in an EM with the v3 BIOS? I'm worried that the vBIOS will have optimus functionality stripped or something else changed and not work with the EM, although non-enduro vBIOS works 100% on EM systems for AMD cards so IDK.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just realized that installing this card in EM systems, and likely any non-SLI Clevo system, will require removing the SATA connector. I could then get an HDD caddy, which are cheap. I'm not sure if those support SATA3 though.

• Thumbs Up 2

...Prema what do you think the odds are of these cards working in an EM with the v3 BIOS? I'm worried that the vBIOS will have optimus functionality stripped or something else changed and not work with the EM, although non-enduro vBIOS works 100% on EM systems for AMD cards so IDK.

Too early to say, I don't have any vBIOS for the card in this thread, yet.

But AFAIK the GT80 has also an Intel GPU...

Well it flat out won't fit in the SLI models... you'd need to fully remove one of the mSATA ports, even if we could modify heatsinks to fit it.

Looks like the P870DM and modding the eDP cable/LCD Cover for the 120Hz panel seems to be a better idea for us SM/SM-A users, especially considering the limited CPU overclocking we're capable of.

Single GPU users might have it a lot easier; especially the ZM users.

There is a power supply port in P770zm so I believe it has a great chance for gtx980. ^_^

And P870DMG with 980SLI will be the most powerful laptop(desktop CPU plus desktop GPU ,fascinating!)

I'm guessing that means there is not such a port on a 75xxM? It makes sense as its presence makes the production of the 775 much easier.

I'm guessing that means there is not such a port on a 75xxM? It makes sense as its presence makes the production of the 775 much easier.

Only P870DM & P775DMx have the "required" 4 PIN power port.

But I am sure getting power from from somewhere on the boards of the other systems won't be the problem.

Only P870DM & P775DM have the "required" 4 PIN power port.

But I am sure getting power from from somewhere on the boards of the other systems won't be the problem.

But I saw an interface in the ZM series under the graphics cards

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

how abouuuut....using three outta the four storage connectors for extra juice? im the kinda guy who prefers using a single storage medium in his machine anyways, not a big fan of raid arrays [emoji14]

sure, wouldnt make THAT much of a difference, but one could surely suck up to 30 or maybe even more additional watts from those ports and route it to the gpu :)

how abouuuut....using three outta the four storage connectors for extra juice? im the kinda guy who prefers using a single storage medium in his machine anyways, not a big fan of raid arrays [emoji14]

sure, wouldnt make THAT much of a difference, but one could surely suck up to 30 or maybe even more additional watts from those ports and route it to the gpu :)

Not enough volts and not on the dGPU power. The GPU is fed with the raw 19V from the power brick or 14.8V from the battery, with a switch in the middle to turn it on or off (there's another switch to make the power brick or battery the system power). Since the dGPU is always on in some systems it may be OK to bypass the dGPU power switch, but it's best to just add some wires coming off the dGPU power FETs to build the connector. These FETs are pretty big and easy to add wires to.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just realized that installing this card in EM systems, and likely any non-SLI Clevo system, will require removing the SATA connector. I could then get an HDD caddy, which are cheap. I'm not sure if those support SATA3 though.

In the P570WM also should go in the master slot, the more that additional power connector is a piece of cake. The problem may be with the heatsink.

http://i.imgur.com/7EnTeMt.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

In the P570WM also should go in the master slot, the more that additional power connector is a piece of cake. The problem may be with the heatsink.

http://i.imgur.com/7EnTeMt.jpg

Nice. How much did those extra caps help with overclocks btw? I got an extra 26MHz doing that to a 680m.

In regards to the SATA slot, I think I would skip the caddy and replace the slot with a hacked desktop cable so that the SATA is still usable. Saves money, the optical bay, and 2x as fast.

All this will depend on screens though. My best LCD can do 94Hz, but has a damaged backlight. I have another with a good backlight, but damaged display (currently in P105EM). I'm going to try combining the best of both screens. What worries me is there is a flaky line driver on the better screen that I'm worried will go out permanently if I mess with it. It I pull off the switch I'll keep the P150EM and upgrade the GPU. If I bust it then new laptop. 85hz+ vs 60hz is a huge upgrade, and the low refresh rates people are getting on these newer screens is a let down.

• Guest pinned this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic