10 minutes ago, jack sparrow said:

Hi, i'm new at the forums, and i need the unlocked BIOS for my M18x R1 but i cant download it. Why not ?

It´s really curious.

You cannot download anything before you have answered or made some threads.

I can't remember the exact rules, but you can find it somewhere in here. :)

OK, it is really an interesting forum, which blackmail a lot of posts to make or donate money. Just to download something.

Anyway. I've searched for a long time on google and found the unlocked bios A05 without being blackmailed.

Thanks for nothing.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, jack sparrow said:

OK, it is really an interesting forum, which blackmail a lot of posts to make or donate money. Just to download something.

Anyway. I've searched for a long time on google and found the unlocked bios A05 without being blackmailed.

Thanks for nothing.

Thanks for your nothing I say.

You  didn't read at all that you only need to make 5 useful post, but clearly you are not here to share but only to take, if world were full of individuals like you, you'll never get your issue resolved, so be grateful for a works done by someone else,

you only catch it but you are not hunting a bird without stuff or skill acquired (by time and money).

I hope to not read you again in this way

1 minute ago, aaronloveweed said:

Thanks for your nothing I say.

You  didn't read at all that you only need to make 5 useful post, but clearly you are not here to share but only to take, if world were full of individuals like you, you'll never get your issue resolved, so be grateful for a works done by someone else,

you only catch it but you are not hunting a bird without stuff or skill acquired (by time and money).

I hope to not read you again in this way

Remember it needs to be 5 QUALITY posts. ;)

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 7:05 PM, Alkuin said:

There are no "5 beeps" after turning on. Also, no reaction on FN key and power cable. If i put out RAM, there gonna be 5 beeps. But when i reconnect everything and push power button - only black sreen and continious "puff", not beeps, from loudspeakers.

Your post was quite a while ago so I assume you managed to resolve this but for others that may come across this then be aware there is the equivalent of 2 jumper switches on the motherboard close to where the CMOS battery connects.
You'll need a conductive flathead screwdriver or some tweezers to make the connections but one clears the memory and one clears the CMOS.  Remove the CMOS battery, power on whilst connecting the pins and the BIOS will reset.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/31/2017 at 3:02 PM, picasso2489 said:

I´ve bought an Alienware M18r1 and got the A05-Version on it.

How I´ll see, its the unlocked version?

You can try entering the BIOS setup for that. I think F2 or F8 is the shortcut.

Edited by Vaeron

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Bios Modder
2 hours ago, iejun said:

Can someone tell me how to flash my bios with the unlock bios .fd file.

Hi!

I think that you can download: M18x - A05 unlocked.zip  from the first page of this thread, extract it and just run InsydeFlashx64.exe

Hey guys not sure this thread is still going. But I just started using my old m18x r1 again and would love to update the bios.  Not really sure what counts as a quality post, or how to contribute so any tips would be great ty :)

Harddrv1.. 

Im in the same boat. Would like to get the bios as well. Wife started using her computer again and I'd like to maybe upgrade a few things on it for her. Been reading this M18x forum, lots of good info here.

Really nice to see everyone sharing and helping one another.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 24/7/2018 at 4:32 PM, p1npo1nt said:

Looking to install a 770m into my Alienware M18x R1, do I require anything other than the Modded bios to get started with the install? Ebay listing noted that its compatible with my unit. 

You may want to flash a vbios too if it does not work right away.

Here is some tips:

Do not completely put the Alienware back together before you know for sure the card is working.

Install the modded bios before anything else.

If you just get black screen after mounting the graphics card, unmount it again, turn on the laptop, go to bios and set the video setting to SW (switchable graphics). Now put back the graphics card and flash a new vbios. When finished see if you can switch the video setting to PEG now.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:20 AM, Henrik9979 said:

You may want to flash a vbios too if it does not work right away.

Here is some tips:

Do not completely put the Alienware back together before you know for sure the card is working.

Install the modded bios before anything else.

If you just get black screen after mounting the graphics card, unmount it again, turn on the laptop, go to bios and set the video setting to SW (switchable graphics). Now put back the graphics card and flash a new vbios. When finished see if you can switch the video setting to PEG now.

I'll definitely go this route after my account gets made active, do you possibly have a link for modded vBios for the 770m? 

Then download the modded bios version A5 from the first post.

Remember you only have access if you give 5 quality post or something like that.

If you need some interesting threads, or inspiration here is three:

I am also trying to get this bios.  how does it switch from integrated to discrete graphics?  after the change and when you save and exit does it automatically power cycle the computer like fn+f7?

• 5 months later...

This seems interesting. Hopefully this will fix my current throttling issues.

EDIT: Can't seem to be able to download the file, I know about the 5 post rule but I seem to have those 5 posts done. Anything else I'm missing or is the A05 version down?

EDIT 2: I can now download, must have been an issue from my side.

Edited by epa.caguei

On 7/31/2018 at 10:49 PM, ARGH said:

I am also trying to get this bios.  how does it switch from integrated to discrete graphics?  after the change and when you save and exit does it automatically power cycle the computer like fn+f7?

You will get an extra option inside bios. Here you can choose between Auto, iGFX, PEG and PCI.

Do not select PCI, it will cause 8 beep error and you will need to reset bios.

• 6 months later...
On 1/3/2019 at 6:05 PM, epa.caguei said:

This seems interesting. Hopefully this will fix my current throttling issues.

EDIT: Can't seem to be able to download the file, I know about the 5 post rule but I seem to have those 5 posts done. Anything else I'm missing or is the A05 version down?

EDIT 2: I can now download, must have been an issue from my side.

I have the same problem as you. What have you done to get the download working?