ASUS N56JN Battey Problem

salah_erosennin

Hi Guys, I have bought an ASUS N56JN laptop a while ago for one of my friends. Now he told me that It's battery is not working! I can't remember if it's working or not in the first day, But as I remember I tested it and I didn't find any problem! So maybe it's became problematic later!

As I tested it, Battery doesn't charging. When I connect battery, At first it's LED turning to Orange which mean it's began to charge. But after less than a minute, it's start blinking and not charge anymore. To test battery, I plug out the laptop from AC, and it remains On but after about 20 seconds shuts down! My original problem is that the laptop doesn't recognize battery and says No battery is detected. And it's not charging.

What I've done so far is:

1. Changed it's Windows From 7 to 10. (Which doesn't matter).

2. Updated ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Driver. (Doesn't matter).

3. Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Driver. And then pluged in the battery. (Doesn't matter).

4. Tried to update the BIOS. But I couldn't because it was already the latest version.

5. Tried This:

THIS IS THE SOLUTION AND IT WILL TAKE 90 SECONDS TO FIX

Power management software in Windows Vista

Understanding battery charging issues

If the notebook battery is not charging or the notebook does not indicate that the battery is charging, the most likely scenario is that the battery itself is operating correctly, but its power management software may have become corrupt. In order to correct the problem, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the power management software by using the Device Manager. This document will explain how to uninstall and reinstall the ACPI Battery listings in Windows Vista, as well as how to obtain and install updated BIOS files, if needed to correct other battery issues.

Uninstalling and reinstalling power management software in Windows Vista

In order to correct problems with the battery's power management software, follow the steps below.

1. Click Start and type device in the search field, then select Device Manager .

2. Expand the Batteries category.

3. Under the Batteries category, right-click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, and select Uninstall .

WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.

4. On the Device Manager taskbar, click Scan for hardware changes .

Alternately, select Action > Scan for hardware changes .

Windows will scan your computer for hardware that doesn't have drivers installed, and will install the drivers needed to manage your battery's power. The notebook should now indicate that the battery is charging.

6. Tried This:

Good news....As I couldn't drop the battery out because it's sealed in the case (stupid, stupid, stupid), I took a clue from R.Proffitt above - and kinda did some version of what he suggested..

Remember - I first followed the excellent instructions posted in a previous sticky "Plugged in, not charging" - Forums - CNET prior to asking for additional help here.

As close as I can recall, this is exactly what I just did:

1) Disconnected the power (battery still in because I'm not going to crack the case to get it out)

2) Held the power button down for approximately 15 seconds (The hard drive spun up and then crashed to a stop causing me to wince)

3) Reconnected the power (noticed the charge light was no longer blinking!)

4) Powered up.......battery/power icon reading "13% available (plugged in, CHARGING!)" without the caps and exclamation point

Conclusion? Perhaps I slapped it upside the head by crashing the hard drive causing it to recognize the newly installed "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" driver? Maybe?

Well....I'm a happy camper! My battery is now at 39% and charging.

Thank you all.....I will recommend this site to all my friends and family - truly a God send! happy.gif

And of course all of that didn't fix it. Please Help me, Thanks!