Anyone tried external Xeon Phi?

hound1013

I am a freelancer designer, and I am currently searching the market for a workstation. A DIY desktop will definitely give me a batter performance with less money, but I am more of a laptop guy, and for the first time in history, w are expecting mobile workstations with actual Xeon CPUs inside.now the problem is this. My main rendering software is Keyshot, and it really give you an insane performance boost when you have a Xeon Phi coprocessor in your computer. It uses 8x PCIE interface, so it's a desktop device, like the egpus we have been using here. I came to think that a mobile workstation with a Xeon Phi plugged into e4h just might be be viable solution.

This is a multiple grands of spending, so I thought I'd just at least ask here before I shell out on anything. Did anyone here try an eGPU like configuration with Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.