Clevo X8100 CrossfireX prblem with ATI HD 6990M

steni1975

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with my notebook Clevo X8100. I want to use 2 ATI HD 6990M in CrossfireX composite. Both cards I have already installed and connected to a CF Cable.

Unfortunately, the ATI Control Center no setting for CF is present. I read that the HD6990m requires a special BIOS to be operated by the CF composite. Is that right?

Unfortunately I have not found a suitable bios for my cards. Can anyone here in the forum a user provide the appropriate bios available?

Something I noticed in the two HD6990M. A graphics card has memory Hynix another graphics card has Samusung memory. Do I need to consider when choosing the Bios on what are installed for memory on the card?

Excuse my bad english, I'm from Germany and my English is unfortunately not the best.

Many greetings and thank you for the help.

Stephan

Shouldn't be an issue with the memory. I was able to successfully CFX different brand 6990m's and 6970m's. I was even able to CFX a 6990m with a 6970m. My suspicion is a CFX bad cable - or it's not seated right. Can you confirm its functionality with a different pair of cards? Are the cards Clevo cards?