A defect and an advantage of a gaming laptop?

kibumm

Question

Of course we already know many defects and advantages of laptop.

However, I don't know many things to laptop and desktop, I think.

So, I want to share some advantages and defects :)

Gaming laptop's advantage

1. All-in-one (It's the best advantage, I think !)

2. We can carry it.

3. More power efficiency.

4. Very quiet cooling system.

5. If we compromise an option, we would play almost games.

6. Convenient A/S.

7. There are no High-frequency waves. (When I used 280X, I can here it when I play a 3D game)

8. We can sell it more easier than desktop.

9. We can enjoy more space.

Gaming laptop's disadvantage

1. More expensive than desktop.

2. Too hard to upgrade.

3. Non-overclockable (Downclock, too).

4. When we play a game, we can't decrease a temperature easily. (It's directly connect to life span of device)

5. By an angle of laptop screen, we can be hurt our neck. (Turtle neck syndrome)

I want to know more things. :D

And I'm using my laptop like a desktop now. It's... perfect! :)

7 answers to this question

I think that if you're not someone that needs to live on the "bleeding edge" of graphics card performance and don't need to replace your entire system all the time to "have the latest" then going the laptop route is fine.

I've had an Alienware M11Xr3 for nearly 3 and a half years now and it's made a great all purpose desknote machine, so as long as whatever you buy meets your needs for both a laptop and usage on the desktop, then I see no reason why you can't have your cake and eat it too : )

I use my gaming laptop more as a desktop as well, but enjoy the mobility it provides as well. I didn't need top end performance but needed something I could use for school and to game. I use my laptop for everything from taking notes in class to playing FIFA hooked up to my projector at home. I don't even buy games for my XBOX 360 anymore because I can plug in controllers to my laptop and have a mobile console. The utility of a laptop is the trump card for someone like myself who isn't concerned with having the ability to upgrade or improve performance.

One of the important disadvantage is the casing quality. Nearly 95% of the laptops in the market has plastic casing and it wears and shows cracks in some important parts like the area hinges etc, the lifetime of the laptop is pretty short if it is used for stuff expect gaming and other hardcore stuff.:62: Before buying a new laptop, I check out if the model has been disassembled to see how those mentioned parts look, if it looks sturdy, i go for that model.