[G73VW] Black screen, Bios damaged

Laren

Hello,

I'm in big trouble. My laptop Asus G73VW has 2 *750 GB HDD. After succesfull upgrade from Win8 (shipped within when purchased) to Win10, I had a disk error with the 2nd HDD (my data disk). The 1st HDD is my Win10 (clean installed) system disk. Win10 tried to repair my 2nd disk but it took too much time so I turned off the system.

I removed the disk, put it in external USB enclosure and repair it on my desktop computer (an old Pentium rig). Reinstalled the disk, turned on my laptop and got the black screen. My bios is corrupted. Tried all known tricks : battery removal, CTRL+Home to reflash with bios on usb stick (FAT32), JRST2001 & JRST 2002 jumpers trick, reinstall RAM.. NOTHING. Tried to flash differents stock versions of G75VW bios. NO PROGRESS. Always blackscreen.

The laptop reacts when I push on/off button, Power Led lit, keyboard backlight on then turned off immediately. I think my Bios is corrupted. I don't have any 8 MB ROM dump and I don't know how to reconstruct the bios from Asus stock bios (6 MB).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• 7 months later...

hello

same thing that you for me same notebook it seems G75vw-T1042v

no solution for the moment !!

awaiting a new idea or new complete 8mo bios for flashing with bp3.6 i already do that but no success with severals bios but black screen every time

jack

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, did you try a CMOS reset for your G75VW?

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?66837-Hard-CMOS-Reset-Solution-For-dead-G75VW

If the problem is a corrupted bios, then the only way to fix it is to use a SPI ROM programmer to flash the bios with a functioning bios. A USB SPI programmer is as cheap as $11.99, and with the proper tools, it would probably take an hour at most to remove the SPI ROM, flash, and reinstall it. If the SPI ROM is bad, then you would need a new chip. An ASUS repair shop could do this fix also for a fee. I would try the CMOS reset first. I've had this type of issue before where a CMOS reset would fix it. This issue has also happened on desktop computers.