GTX770m with Windows 10 on M15x

stillnotpc

Has any of the experts here managed to persuade Windows 10 to talk to a GTX770m? Mine was perfectly happy under Win7 but I slipped and succumbed to a Win10 installation and that only works with my old GTX260m. That gives just acceptable performance, but I would like to get the 770 working if possible and would prefer not to roll back from Win10.

Win10 hangs on a pale green screen. Fortunately I run with HyperOS so have optional boot into Win7 partition still available so can still run the 770 under that. Until I took this step into the "future", the 337.50 driver was working fine. I need to (be told how to) modify a suitable driver so that I can install it with the 260 and then change the hardware back to the 770. Or should I give up with the 770 and try a 780 or 880? Btw, the 770 has the latest BIOS I could find (April 20, 2013).

All advice gratefully received...

• Founder
There were some useful replies on here yesterday. I wonder where they have gone.

Hey buddy, we had to roll back our DB one day back and unfortunately some posts have been erased. sorry about that. As a good faith gesture i've upgraded you to full permissions ;)

Hope that you'll get the answers you're looking for the second time as fast !

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like you are getting your machine tuned up. However, I would be cautious with Win 10. It is frying LCDs. Actually this combo is writing to the EDID with bad code, causing the screen to not function. The fix is not for the faint of heart.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/862417/geforce-drivers/windows-10-geforce-drivers-are-killing-samsung-and-lg-notebook-lcd-display-panels/1/