Tearing along the left side of the screen

techbear

Good to hear that your issues are solved!

It's easy, the best method is using a DOS bootable USB stick with ATIflash on it, then boot from this stick and when the command prompt appears just type in "atiflash -s 0 orig6970.rom" (without the quotes) and it will safe a copy to the stick. This is a read-only process, so you don't have to worry about your GPU.

I don't think the two cards have different VBIOS files on them, but you should be able to backup the second VBIOS as well, with "atiflash -s 1 6970m2.rom", though I'm not 100% sure whether this works, never had the chance to play around with a dual card system.

There's also an easier method to do this, but there are slight chances of corrupting the VBIOS backup file when doing it this way: Open GPU-Z and click on the little IC symbol at the very right of the "BIOS version" line.

Ok it appears that my gpu bios is older then some others:

Standard version:

BIOS date/time: 12/14/10, 17:33:

BIOS version string: 113-C29604-101

AtomBios version: ATOMBIOSBK-ATI VER013.010.000.009.039462

My version:

BIOS date/time: 12/13/10,14:49:

BIOS version string: 113-C29604-101

AtomBios version: ATOMBIOSBK-ATI VER013.010.000.009.039364

If anyone is interested in the "older version" and in my case stabler - see attached.

6970bios.zip

• Thumbs Up 2

Hm, hope you get this solved. Did you already try a complete fresh installation of Windows?

Thanks for the VBIOS, I'll check it out, maybe I already have this version somewhere...

Yup the tearing is gone for good ! only aero bug remains, but it is really no big deal as long as I can play games without any issues I'm happy :)