Video posted on youtube m15x running 970m vs 2015 alienware running 965m 3dMark

Very cool! I have two of these M15x coming from eBay. I didn't get them for the deal that you did but I am not unhappy with it. Paid right at $300 each for systems in good cosmetic condition with 1080p screens. The rest I am going to upgrade anyway so I didn't care about. Figure I will sell the parts I pull out to get some of the money back out of it.

Hey I just got a 970m through Canada (eBay) today. Gonna install it after work probably... Did you have any issue with the GPU heatsink screws being too short? I ran into this issue upgrading to the 7970m and I just filed down the x bracket on the 7970m to install the heatsink on there right. It looks like there are screws included in the gpu upgrade kit, so I assume it's made to fit correctly for the 970m x bracket.

The one i got from woodzstack did come with screws that you had to use. You won't be able to use the default ones.

Awesome. Thanks! I'm about to open her up and install the 970m.

I'm going to look up how to modify the driver so I can use the latest driver. I'll add it up here if I get it working.

• 3 weeks later...