do you get better Battery life in Windows 10 ?

From my experience, it provides the same battery saver options. On default, I haven't noticed any decrease or increase in life after the upgrade. Recently made the upgrade and have had a few issues that I didn't encounter in Win8..and not many benefits..but that is to be expected early on.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been getting slightly better battery life (compared to Win7), only because I opted to enable battery saver as long as it's on battery. Without it, the battery life I'd got was simply horrible.

BTW, there's a setting somewhere in the system, one that controls at what battery percentage the battery saver turns on automatically.

I upgraded my Sony S13, but had some issues with touchpad drivers, SSD performance seemed super slow for some reason and the Nvidia Inspector GPU OC didn't work, so I reverted back to Windows 7. Those few days I was running the 10, I also had the feeling that the battery life was noticeably worse, like the laptop was draining the battery faster during the typical tasks like using the WiFi or watching some series.. Maybe the Windows were doing some background tasks after the install still, but I don't know. If they fix some of these issues, I might try again with a clean install this time (or, the 10's system reset option that is).

On my school computer, a 13-inch HP ultrabook, I noticed a decrease in battery life after upgrading to Windows 10. I usually run in high performance mode on all my computers, so I don't expect the best battery life to begin with, but I'd like to think that Windows 10 decreased my battery life because 1) I have "Hey, Cortana" on, so the microphone is actively listening, and 2) The new graphics and animations in Windows 10 put more load on my RAM, CPU, and Integrated GPU. So I do not think Windows 10 improves battery life.

No change in battery life for me. When I'm off the plug everything is in powersaver with airplane mode active. Still getting just shy of 4 hours in my old gateway just doing word processing (taking notes in lectures). Been using this laptop for a few years with the same results from windows 7, 8 and now 10 as fat as battery life.

Upgraded to an MSI now.

I don't know that I've particular noticed if battery performance has improved or declined, but lack of full driver support could potentially be contributing to that as I haven't installed drivers for every single component of the laptop, and presumably not having those devices "fully active" might be saving some energy if they're not turned on.

I think that Windows 10 has helped by tablet more than my laptop for battery usage. I noticed that there was no option to simply have the display turn off in 8.1 without powering it off (even if ultimately putting it to sleep) while in 10 it actually gives me a good timeout period, thus saving lots of battery. Watching Netflix on it doesn't seem to drain the battery very rapidly either, so I know they must have done something right :-).

• 2 weeks later...

I've toyed around between Power Settings (Power saver, etc.) and the new "Power Saver" Win10 button you get on the battery icon, and I think the new "Power Saver" feature works pretty well. I noticed on my Spectre X360 that the battery life is about twice as good, and it really doesn't suffer too much in performance (even when running Chrome, which is ridiculously CPU hungry)

TBH it's frustrating though -- I like the new Power Saver, and how it can reasonably tell some consumption stats, but overall the whole thing is just too wonky for decent battery controls. Their own testing standards vary performance wildly too. a 12 hour rated battery on my Spectre is lucky to get 10 in real-world performance.

the battery consumption on my laptop is a bit better. i dont know why, maybe because of different style of using the windows made the battery consumption better in windows 10. i dont have any battery performance problem up till now. coming from windows 7, windows 8, and now 10.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran win8 and win8.1 for almost 2 years and have been running win10 since I was able to upgrade, so for 6 weeks or so.

I have not noticed increased battery life, even on a fresh install of win10. Best thing that helps me with battery life is a dimmer screen, which I hate.