Help with vBIOS overclocking disabled by CSM and Secure Boot

I need some help understanding the interaction between CSM, Secure Boot and a custom vBIOS.

I have an ASUS N550JK laptop with a NVIDIA GTX 850M graphics card. NVIDIA has the card locked down so that you only overclock up to about ~1200 MHz on the core, so I modded the vBIOS to overclock the card further. Now the vBIOS lives as a module in the mainboard BIOS. The overclock works fine when I boot up with CSM (Compatibility Support Module) Enabled, and Secure Boot off, but will not work with CSM Disabled, or Secure Boot on, which will boot with stock clocks. This happens on both Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 (both UEFI installs).

Does anyone know why this is happening or if there's a way to allow me perform a secure boot, but still retain my vBIOS overclock?

Here's a link to my BIOS: http://1drv.ms/1ML8e8i

TL;DR: Disabling CSM disables my vBIOS overclock. Why is this?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
I need some help understanding the interaction between CSM, Secure Boot and a custom vBIOS.

I have an ASUS N550JK laptop with a NVIDIA GTX 850M graphics card. NVIDIA has the card locked down so that you only overclock up to about ~1200 MHz on the core, so I modded the vBIOS to overclock the card further. Now the vBIOS lives as a module in the mainboard BIOS. The overclock works fine when I boot up with CSM (Compatibility Support Module) Enabled, and Secure Boot off, but will not work with CSM Disabled, or Secure Boot on, which will boot with stock clocks. This happens on both Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 (both UEFI installs).

Does anyone know why this is happening or if there's a way to allow me perform a secure boot, but still retain my vBIOS overclock?

TL;DR: Disabling CSM disables my vBIOS overclock. Why is this?

Post here or in PM your backup of bios.