No CUDA, no Physx, no Physx options in Nvidia Control Panel in windows 10

fpj

Hi

I 'v spent already 5 days searching the web for solution but no luck.

Missing Physx is common in Nvidia drivers and solution is to uninstall drivers but that does not work (I used DDU for both nvidia and AMD).

I installed Physx separately, just in case it wasn't installed with nvidia installer - no go.

Another thing is that this is eGPU so I wonder if this has something to do with it, but people seems to have physx without any problem.

CUDA and Physx is not detected, it is not in GPU-Z and there is no Physx option in NVidia Control Panel.

My setup

• Acer Spire 5551g
  • Radeon Mobility HD 5650
  • Phenom II x3
  • 8GB RAM

I'm using windows 10 and eGPU GDC Beast connected through mPCI-e cable.

My eGPU is gtx660ti and I have had error code 43 so I need to do video card init after boot for the card to work.

Before bought GDC Beast I updated to windows 10 from 7.

As for CUDA I have read somewhere that windows 10 nvidia drivers dont support CUDA because reasons but I have no idea why physx is not working.

Any ideas and solutions are welcome

Thx

I went to nvidia forums and it seems windows 10 is a mess and many people are reporting missing settings and other issues with the drivers and overall nvida software.

Although no one reported similar problem to mine but it seems that it will take a while before they will fix all those issues.

Hi

I 'v spent already 5 days searching the web for solution but no luck.

Missing Physx is common in Nvidia drivers and solution is to uninstall drivers but that does not work (I used DDU for both nvidia and AMD).

I installed Physx separately, just in case it wasn't installed with nvidia installer - no go.

Another thing is that this is eGPU so I wonder if this has something to do with it, but people seems to have physx without any problem.

CUDA and Physx is not detected, it is not in GPU-Z and there is no Physx option in NVidia Control Panel.

My setup

• Acer Spire 5551g
  • Radeon Mobility HD 5650
  • Phenom II x3
  • 8GB RAM

I'm using windows 10 and eGPU GDC Beast connected through mPCI-e cable.

My eGPU is gtx660ti and I have had error code 43 so I need to do video card init after boot for the card to work.

Before bought GDC Beast I updated to windows 10 from 7.

As for CUDA I have read somewhere that windows 10 nvidia drivers dont support CUDA because reasons but I have no idea why physx is not working.

Any ideas and solutions are welcome

Thx

I have highlighted your problem for you. When the nVidia drivers detect an AMD/ATI card, they switch off Physx...

Nvidia Disables GPU PhysX when 2nd non-NV GPU is Installed

Are you kidding me, what a bullshit.

How to work with that, is there a workaround for this?

I have not found one, but that might be because I haven't purchased a copy of Setup 1.30. You could try using that and disable the dGPU (the amd card) so that it doesn't show up in windows, and thus only use your eGPU as a display. That might fool the nVidia drivers in to thinking that you don't have an AMD card and leave it enabled.

I have not found one, but that might be because I haven't purchased a copy of Setup 1.30. You could try using that and disable the dGPU (the amd card) so that it doesn't show up in windows, and thus only use your eGPU as a display. That might fool the nVidia drivers in to thinking that you don't have an AMD card and leave it enabled.

I cant disable dGPU, I cant see those options in menu - if I try to do it myself using "iport dGPU off" it does not work either

Well I borowed that gtx card to test if I can make GDC Beast work with my laptop - I can so now I need to consider what card to choose.

The problem with that is AMD or any other card can have other issues - eGPU setup is no joke, anyone who figured this shit out should be proud of him/herself

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.