Is it worth overclocking a AW18

For the cpu you can go into bios and enable cpu lvl 1 in the performance tab. That will give you a 200 MHz overclock to 3.8ghz if I remember correctly. That's the easiest way but Alienware is know to set the voltages higher than they should be. Won't affect you much but will make things a bit warmer. Other than that you can use xtu to overclock the cpu. There are plenty of guides in the Alienware section as well as others results that you can look at to get you in the ballpark of what settings to tweak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My CPU is already overclocked. I am here for help on the GPU side of things. Can someone inform me what I need to do to download the modded vBios??

Specs: Alienware 18: GPU 880M x2 SLI 16GB of V-Ram-8 GB per VC (slight overclock), CPU 4930MX i7 Unlocked Extreme Edition Overclocked to 4.8 GHz (stable), HDD 2 x 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD's Raid 0, 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO m-Sata SSD, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance GDDR3L SO-DIMM 2133MHz (4x8GB) with 11-11-11-31 latency, OS Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit with tri-boot options to Windows 8.1 & Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit.

*CPU & GPU Re-Pasted with Cool Labaratory Liquid Ultra Metal Thermal Paste*

• 4 weeks later...

To download vBios files from T|I you need 5 quality posts.

As for OC'ing the GPU you can use MSI Afterburner, Asus GPU Tweak, or EVGA Precision X.

You will see a benefit when OC'ing the 770m's, however, you can only go to +135 on the core clock with MSI Afterburner on the stock bios (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35358-Overclocking-a-gtx770M)

As always with OC'ing, be carefull and do it in steps, not all chips react the same to OC'ing (not every piece of silicone is the same).