How to OC i7-2960XM in Clevo P370EM?

patrykp84

Hi,

I have Clevo P370EM with @Prema bios and now as I am in possession of i7-2960XM I wanted to try OC this CPU. This is 3rd gen CPU platform but compatible with 2nd gen CPUs as well. I have newest XTU software but I could not find any luck with OC. I just cant do it work with higher multipliers. Maybe someone can just tell me what should be changed and what values would be good for the start. Maybe I am doing everything wrong - it's frustratingtvBTwEGAHeGeacvuhAqAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

post-35176-14495000560167_thumb.jpg

Sandy Bridge does not change multipliers instantly like Ivy Bridge. You need to do a restart after setting them.

If that does not work let me know. It didn't for the ES sandy bridge I used to use, so I hard set an overclock via BIOS mod.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sandy Bridge does not change multipliers instantly like Ivy Bridge. You need to do a restart after setting them.

If that does not work let me know. It didn't for the ES sandy bridge I used to use, so I hard set an overclock via BIOS mod.

That's first XTU window with configuration:

post-35176-14495000561786_thumb.jpg

After I make some changes in multipliers and/or additional turbo voltage together with higher both Power Max is needed restart. When W8 loads again XTU shows error that multipliers and voltage could not be applied.

Tell me which option should I change exactly sow we can check if I was doing everything right.

BTW. Thanks @Khenglish for your interest :)

EDIT: This is ss of an error I get when I try to change multipliers just +1 (TDP raised in XTU):

post-35176-14495000563339_thumb.jpg

Nothing changed, still the same :(

This is my BIOS. I think it is correct one but to be sure here it is:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15618[/ATTACH]

what options are available in advanced in the bios? I have a clevo p570wm and is my first entry into the Clevo world, if I can help I would be glad to. XTU didn't like to work on my 4960x in my p570wm but the bios variables for the multiplier worked for me. The only thing that worked in XTU on my P570wm was XMP memory profiles. I later realized i could see what the xmp loaded by setting xmp then setting to manual timings would show me what my xmp loaded. So i never ended up needing use of XTU for anything beside the actual XTU benchmark once I got used to @Prema 's most amazing unlocked bios.

what options are available in advanced in the bios? I have a clevo p570wm and is my first entry into the Clevo world, if I can help I would be glad to. XTU didn't like to work on my 4960x in my p570wm but the bios variables for the multiplier worked for me. The only thing that worked in XTU on my P570wm was XMP memory profiles. I later realized i could see what the xmp loaded by setting xmp then setting to manual timings would show me what my xmp loaded. So i never ended up needing use of XTU for anything beside the actual XTU benchmark once I got used to @Prema 's most amazing unlocked bios.

Bios for Clevo P370EM don't have many options. There is nothing about CPU etc. you have to do everything in XTU. @Prema send me special bios and I will try it later today - thank you for your great work @Prema!!

Bios for Clevo P370EM don't have many options. There is nothing about CPU etc. you have to do everything in XTU. @Prema send me special bios and I will try it later today - thank you for your great work @Prema!!

can't wait to see how it goes. Ill keep an eye out for replies here :) cheers

Sadly still nothing... Special @Prema bios flashed and XTU configurated like this:

post-35176-14495000598166_thumb.jpg

Is this normal that after I enable some options in XTU when laptop restarts after the GPU posts and before @Prema logo computer shut downs? I had it from the beggining, It's like bios crashes?

Maybe I should do clean flash of bios with EC or something I do not know.... Some suggestions?

EDIT: Rising TDP works - "CPU Package Power" is around 85W when I run prime95 torture test. But speed is still limited so WTF?

If you get a full shutdown before the system finally boots then your XTU OC failed.

Leave runtime turbo disabled and set something like 39-39-37-37