M14X screen resolution when plugged to projector

Hi All, I am trying to get my m14x to project some videos for my wedding. However when I plug in the VGA connector to my m14x, my optimal screen resolution is downgraded to 800 x 600. Checking the screen resolution settings under properties, the maximum is capped at 1024 x 768. The projector is capable of 1280 x 720 screen resolution when I try it with another laptop. However, try as I might, the maximum screen resolution with my m14x is only 1024 x 768 which is mind boggling since without plugging to the projector, the native laptop screen resolution is 1600 x 900.

Can any one give some advice on how to troubleshoot this problem? Thanks in advance!

• Founder

@Wei Yen Lin if you extend your desktop (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution) using your projector in the same way you would use a second monitor then you can have native resolution for your laptop's screen and a different resolution for your projector i.e. 1280x720