The best deal ever has returned! 4Gb GTX980 Superclocked for only $236.54!

badbadbad

I don't mind a cancellation if they are honest enough to admit that they are short on stock. BUT, if someone can order at full price and receive the item, then this act of deception is grounds for a legal battle.

I must agree and I am with you. I have my reciept and all of the original sale. If this is some how proven this has been a deception there needs to be something done.

I might be making a BBB complaint not in hopes that the deal will be upheld but so they know customers out there are not happy they are duping customers on their price match un-guarantee

Yeah. I did some reading and found out that the problem is just with Staples. Best Buy, Fry's, Office Depot, etc. are all delivering. Walmart just flat out denied the price matching.

hmmmmmmm deal still on their webpage right now maybe I should call up Best Buy see what they say before heading anywhere :)

hmmmmmmm deal still on their webpage right now maybe I should call up Best Buy see what they say before heading anywhere :)

Best buy person on the phone says their store dont price match to Microcenter and I asked what stores they do accept said Amazon staples walmart BJ Wholesale. He said is listed on their webpage so am going to check if Microcenter is not listed.

Indeed not one of the online competitiors they list for accepted price match and local store to Best Buy policy means 25miles radius or less from their store and Microcenter is not local to me lol.

Found the end of the rabbit hole... called Office Depot said was discrepency in their ad that they dont have the card. I called Microcenter and they actually dont. What happened is that is an archive webpage of when they did sell that card. If you go to Microcenter.com and look for the card for example under EVGA there were 25 cards it is not available. The model is gone replaced with one that says GDDr5 in the name beside that se exact name by EVGA but the SKU number is different. So whomever got one was lucky as they actually duped the price matcher lol... Oh well nothing lost nothing gained :)

Yeah. I did some reading and found out that the problem is just with Staples. Best Buy, Fry's, Office Depot, etc. are all delivering. Walmart just flat out denied the price matching.

Can I go into the store to order it there? They don't have any in the store, but maybe they can place the order for it?

They seem to be saying to me, Microcenter whom I called that the card itself is not even being sold anymore and the webpage link is not valid for anything. As in even if you walk into a Microcenter right now they don't have any cards anywhere. This makes sense the card was a 4gb version of EVGA SC 980 and the only one listed if you go to Microcenter.com then go through the menus for video cards is the same card with different vram or something as it had GDDR5 in the name unlike the one in the link and a different SKU. that one is not on sale or any at that size of a discount. They should pull the page i was saying to them and gave them a hard time it was up if they dont sell it anymore etc but I could see it was pointless then.

I'll walk into OfficeDepot in a bit to see if they can order it for me. Might as well try it while I can!

yeah I mean if they happen to let you thats just awesome :) the guy I called at office depot seemed to know about it already here.

No love from Office Depot, the manager said he called MicroCenter already and knew it was no longer available.

Anyone that can manage to get this still should certainly get as many as possible. I would certainly buy two or three if I could.

just picked one up from best buy, even though the only nearby microcenter was a guy working out of his house doing computer repair under the microcenter name, but hasn't done business in 2 years. First person I got knew what he was doing and saw that it wasn't for sale in my state and denied. I came back 5 hours later and got someone else who was a bit more lenient.

• Thumbs Up 1

just picked one up from best buy, even though the only nearby microcenter was a guy working out of his house doing computer repair under the microcenter name, but hasn't done business in 2 years. First person I got knew what he was doing and saw that it wasn't for sale in my state and denied. I came back 5 hours later and got someone else who was a bit more lenient.

Any chance to score another one or two? Or pretty much sold out there now?

Any chance to score another one or two? Or pretty much sold out there now?

While I would certainly be interested in reselling them for $300, I already bought one for me and one for my brother, and unfortunately that's all they had.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see the 970's going for a similar deal. Is it recently expired or something?

Nah I would trade you my current gtx 970 and $100 for a 980 :) The 970 was on sale though for 140. Ended last week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.