The best deal ever has returned! 4Gb GTX980 Superclocked for only $236.54!

badbadbad

For any of you guys living close to a Microcenter, there is a huge deal going on right now.

www.microcenter.com/product/438838/GeForce_GTX_980_Superclocked_4GB_PCIe_Video_Card

If it's out of stock, you can ask a competitor to price match it and get it from them instead.

100% Legit, saved $379.25.

post-11576-14495000545784_thumb.jpg

:54_002:

• Thumbs Up 2

What a deal wow wish one of the stores were local to me, the deal says in store pick up only. Either way very cool find :)

Crazy, right? You actually don't have to buy it from Microcenter itself. Any Best Buy, Staples, Fry's, etc. should offer a price match.

They drop their own prices to match Microcenter's discounted price.

post-11576-14495000550149_thumb.jpg

(Here's an example)

And to top it off, you can actually use some of the competitor's discount vouchers (like the Staples $75 coupon for $50) to get it for less than $200!

Crazy, right? You actually don't have to buy it from Microcenter itself. Any Best Buy, Staples, Fry's, etc. should offer a price match.

They drop their own prices to match Microcenter's discounted price.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15579[/ATTACH]

(Here's an example)

And to top it off, you can actually use some of the competitor's discount vouchers (like the Staples $75 coupon for $50) to get it for less than $200!

Im printing the webpage from the link to microcenters offer, is that all i need to prove to Staples or Bestbuy? This is amazing :)

I went with the link on my phone to save on paper, but yes that could work.

Just look for someone willing to drop the price because apparently, they already know about the deal and can be a PITA. BOL!

I went with the link on my phone to save paper but that could work.

Just look for someone willing to drop the price because apparently, they already know about the deal and can be a PITA.

thank you so much going to try this lets see what happens :) Ill post results lol if there are any :)

I went with the link on my phone to save on paper, but yes that could work.

Just look for someone willing to drop the price because apparently, they already know about the deal and can be a PITA. BOL!

a6273ffee9e1913fb2cff38bc7d68c04.jpg

Looks like staples ate $380 twice haha oh yeah :)

Brought it in on a printed paper and they gave me the EVGA 980 superclocked edition with the ACX cooler even more awesome soooo cool. Wasnt in stock at store but shipping to my house with free shipping. Got a warranty for 2 years since such a huge savings already. Thanks @badbadbad this is deal of a lifetime lol. Wow can't believe they even substituted the original model for the better model that has the ACX cooler. Looks like they gave you that model too. This is epic. Thank you so much bro!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Nice one! You should've bought some coupons too! Staples had a few $75 ones selling for $50 on Ebay.

This definitely is a deal of a lifetime. Even if you buy two GTX980s for SLI, you don't even pay the full price of one!

Does it have to be in stock at a store? Or did you just show them the price?

for me I showed them the price on the ad which they verified with the internet and matched it by finding a same or better card for the same price as the ad. They only had two models close to it in the models staples carried. 980 and 980 superclocked w/acx cooler. so they had to give the superclocked one with acx cooler since the regular 980 wasnt superclocked like the one in the microcenter ad

for me I showed them the price on the ad which they verified with the internet and matched it by finding a same or better card for the same price as the ad. They only had two models close to it in the models staples carried. 980 and 980 superclocked w/acx cooler. so they had to give the superclocked one with acx cooler since the regular 980 wasnt superclocked like the one in the microcenter ad

I see you are from upstate NY. I guess you drove south several hours to NYC just for this deal? I looked and the only microcenters in NY seem to be near NYC.

I see you are from upstate NY. I guess you drove south several hours to NYC just for this deal? I looked and the only microcenters in NY seem to be near NYC.

Am in Afton from Upstate NY and drove to Binghamton to a Staples and they gave me the price that microcenter offered for a comparable card.

You don't have to go to a Microcenter. People from Seattle have received their cards and they're the furthest state from a Microcenter.

@mw86 probably went to the closest Best Buy/Staples/Fry's and showed them the link. You guys upstate might even have the advantage because the employees there have not been badgered as much by customers and may be willing to do a price match for you.

You don't have to go to a Microcenter. People from Seattle have received their cards and they're the furthest state from a Microcenter.

@mw86 probably went to the closest Best Buy/Staples/Fry's and showed them the link. You guys upstate might even have the advantage because the employees there have not been badgered as much by customers and may be willing to do a price match for you.

that is exactly what I did and what happened lol these guys were kind of excited and more interested what I was building ;) they thought it was cool it was going in a Z97 4790k w/ddr3 2800mhz system :)@Khenglish it worked for me at Staples 20+ miles from me. showed them the ad i printed of the webpage linked in the op and they were willing to proceed with getting me a comparable card for a matched price. Staples price match guarantee says for stores that have a brick and mortor store and Microcenter does and they honor online ads by those venders as well is why I chose staples to try first. cheers and thanks again BadBadBad

that is exactly what I did and what happened lol these guys were kind of excited and more interested what I was building ;) they thought it was cool it was going in a Z97 4790k w/ddr3 2800mhz system :)@Khenglish it worked for me at Staples 20+ miles from me. showed them the ad i printed of the webpage linked in the op and they were willing to proceed with getting me a comparable card for a matched price. Staples price match guarantee says for stores that have a brick and mortor store and Microcenter does and they honor online ads by those venders as well is why I chose staples to try first. cheers and thanks again BadBadBad

No problem at all. If they price match you @Khenglish, doing a Visa Check out will slash off $50 from a $200+ purchase, lowering it to $206.94. Ask if they take coupons as well so you can get it even cheaper lol!

Staples corporation called and canceled all this on me and is refunding money. I was on phone with managers and others and got no where. The whole order was in and they claim they dont have stock and competitor dont either but thats false microcenter still has it and the deal. Watch out Staples may lie to you even sell you stuff like this and then take away the deal... it was supposed to be shipped to my address.

Sorry to hear about that. If they are really out of stock, then they should update the webpage. And since the deal of Microcenter is still online, they should definitely price match.

EDIT: And here we go..I got a call from Staples too regarding cancellation. Can anyone confirm if buying the same item at full price will get your order cancelled? This sounds kinda fishy to me since the website still has it available.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry to hear about that. If they are really out of stock, then they should update the webpage. And since the deal of Microcenter is still online, they should definitely price match.

EDIT: And here we go..I got a call from Staples too regarding cancellation. Can anyone confirm if buying the same item at full price will get your order cancelled? This sounds kinda fishy to me since the website still has it available.

this definitely a conspiracy now. both of us went to staples. this is not right. their policy covers this sort of pricematch. wonder what we can do if anything?

I don't mind a cancellation if they are honest enough to admit that they are short on stock. BUT, if someone can order at full price and receive the item, then this act of deception is grounds for a legal battle.

• Thumbs Up 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.