pomona soic clip & usb bios programmer what would be required?

sy5tem

Hello,

i have seen pomona soic clip use to attach to soldered chip on board ... if used with a usb bios programmer .... it could be used to flash unlocked bios for our alienware?

what hardware and models would be required ? anybody tried this?

post-5441-14495000539764_thumb.jpg

?

thank you

post-5441-14495000539471_thumb.jpg

Well what i mean is that anybody know if we could flash our alienware 18 e.t.c with this kit using slv7 bios's ? anybody ever tried that hardware? its not costing much its like a total of 30$ ...

• 2 months later...
Hello,

i have seen pomona soic clip use to attach to soldered chip on board ... if used with a usb bios programmer .... it could be used to flash unlocked bios for our alienware?

what hardware and models would be required ? anybody tried this?

thank you

I have a different programmer but yes it will work, you will most likely have to remove the chip from the board to program it though.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hello again

i know slv7 can make a custom bios files and i mean i would have no problem paying the guys for his work...

One of the main reason and probably the only reason i have , is that i want to have full control of the fan .... just like my old m18x-r2 .... so i don't have to rely on hwinfo64 AND so i can push my fan @ full speed /... on the aw18 the fan never goes full RPM ...

i don't know if i buy a bios from slv7 or if i program it with an spi programmer .. if this would give me control over those darn fan speed ??

anybody know?

slv7 can you point me to a post or help with this? thank you!!

21 hours ago, sy5tem said:

hello again

i know slv7 can make a custom bios files and i mean i would have no problem paying the guys for his work...

One of the main reason and probably the only reason i have , is that i want to have full control of the fan .... just like my old m18x-r2 .... so i don't have to rely on hwinfo64 AND so i can push my fan @ full speed /... on the aw18 the fan never goes full RPM ...

i don't know if i buy a bios from slv7 or if i program it with an spi programmer .. if this would give me control over those darn fan speed ??

anybody know?

slv7 can you point me to a post or help with this? thank you!!

I have talked to svl7 and he meant that it isn't possible to unlock power limits on new aw 18 even with an unlocked bios.. we have to mod something on the motherboard.

I can probably ask him whether it is possible to control the fans in another way like HWINFO.

On 1/13/2016 at 4:02 PM, hans123 said:

I have talked to svl7 and he meant that it isn't possible to unlock power limits on new aw 18 even with an unlocked bios.. we have to mod something on the motherboard.

I can probably ask him whether it is possible to control the fans in another way like HWINFO.

I mostly want to be able to control fan via bios settings like with the alienware 18-r2 where you could set fan to hight @ 50C if you wanted ... the rest of the bios option can be fun but really not super needed since i can use intel XTU for most of my overclock i just don't like using a software to control de fans....