m17x r3 460m drivers?

Alex Six

Guest Idlehand

Its very simple. First go Drivers | laptopvideo2go.com and download both the driver and modified .inf. Install the driver and under custom install settings choose Clean or Full Install(cant remember exactly the wording). When it goes to check your system it will either install fine or fail giving you a message that no product was found. Click ok to exit.

Now navigate to C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\ In the on of the sub folders of the driver version folder you will find nv_disp.inf. Replace that one with the one you downloaded before and run the setup within the folder. Let it install and during the install you will get a warning about installing non validated drivers. Just click ok and let the installer finish.

Good Luck :)

• 2 months later...

Will this procedure work with the LATEST NVIDIA drivers that just came out for BF3? I find it hard to believe that Alienware / dell have not updated the driver since april as the hardware is only as good as the drivers. I see that laptopvideo2go's drivers are version 280.28. Can the modded INF from laptopvideo2go be used with the current downloaded Nvidia version 285.62?

Ever get it working? I've been trying for a couple days now and have come to no avail.. keep getting the same messages, failed to find compatible graphics card or something, than using with what was posted above I got as far as a quarter way through the DL of the 285.62 drivers before it failed >< Now I'm just as lost as before, if anyone gets this working properly please share how

• 1 month later...
Are you having issues with the 460M and gaming where the screen kind of flickers every once in a while and goes black?

I did have that but it stopped happening, not sure if it was because I was able to download the update/modded .inf properly but yeah, mines working fine now :D

Ok, all you do is download the driver, switch out the .INF file like stated previously, then go to your Device manager (run devmgmt.msc, or access from control panel) go to display adapters, select the 460m, choose driver, update driver, browse my computer, let me pick from a list..., highlight your graphics card, then click HAVE DISK, browse to the folder that has the driver area where you swapped the .inf, then click on any of the .inf (it doesnt matter which because it takes the whole folder anyways, i usually click the one i switched, which is usually nwvi or something), click ok, and then it will say something like its not verified, just click ok through that. and ta-da your drivers are installed.

Of course, you should delete your previous driver before installing. to do this go to add/remove programs and remove only the ones with the version that you are running, not all of the nvidia programs. then you have to run the driver's exe once, let it fail so your gt460m appears again in your device management (it disappears after you remove the driver initially) and then follow the instructions above.

have fun

• 1 month later...
Is there any issue with getting the drivers that Nvidia offers on there website?

no problem at all i find them most dependable anyway. they are referring to modding versions to use the most latest versions before an official laptop driver gets released.