svl7

There's now a Tech|Inferno Team at HWbot.org, so this is a call to every causual, and also more serious bencher here, to join this team and let the world know about the capabilities of your hardware!

For everyone who hasn't heard of HWbot so far:

HWbot is a worldwide benchmark ranking site which has several categories and rules for each benchmark. You can submit your benchmark scores and depending how popular the benchmark and used hardware is, and of course depending on your score, you'll earn points. The more points the better.

Most users are (naturally) submitting scores for desktop hardware, but it doesn't matter, in fact this makes it pretty easy to get some cheap points with mobile hardware :P

And what's the purpose of this?

Getting points :D I mainly see this as motivation to push my system even further, sometimes it's hard to find extreme benchmarks of mobile hardware, and I always like it when there's some competition or when I see a score which I think I can beat.

Mainly it's about fun and to push each other. Also it will hopefully help a bit to make Tech|Inferno a bit more known.

What if my hardware (CPU or GPU) isn't listed there?

Let me know and attach a GPU-Z (respective CPU-Z) screenshot to your post. I'll request that it gets added to the database. Or you can request it yourself.

I don't submit all my benchmarks there, but I definitely submit those which are hard to crack and which are more likely to be seen.

There are rules for submitting benchmarks which must be obliged to get points, the rules are simple and can easily be checked here (scroll down a bit). If you have any questions about submitting benchmarks or something else, let me know, I'll try to help. Though I'm still pretty new to this.

I hope some of you will join and score some points!!

Ah, and we're already #640 of 1682 worldwide in our category... and that's only with my handful of points, lol. Let's move up!

Edited by svl7
  • Thumbs Up 2

That's fine, we need competition... a friend of mine is building a monster rig, we'll see whether he can kill your scores, hahaha :D

Edit: I'm not sure, but I think you could make a second account and only submit your notebook results... I have to check the rules, but as long as you don't submit your scores twice you should be fine.

@Jimbo : I can't find any rule that would restrict this idea, after all it's actually a disadvantage since you don't get these points on your other account. So as long as you only submit it once you'll be fine.

dam it looks like they have to update for 2820 and 6990. arrghhh!!!

Let me take care of this, I'll file a request for new hardware, can you attach a GPU-Z and CPU-Z screenshot here? Then I'll do the rest and the hardware should be added soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

hey i'm planning to see if i can match Jimbo's wprime scores with my 2920xm... that should get some points... a new user here successfully modded the m18x bios so now we can flash a bios with the tdp lock on throttle stop unlocked. @Da_G you are awesome... incredible work you did. I'm hoping hes willing to make a guide here... it does take time to write them so it would be very gracious if he does post the guide for us. there are additional settings that can be modified such as throttle temp and to turn off hyperthreading

Edited by mw86
  • Thumbs Up 1

hey i'm planning to see if i can match Jimbo's wprime scores with my 2920xm... that should get some points... a new user here successfully modded the m18x bios so now we can flash a bios with the tdp lock on throttle stop unlocked. @Da_G you are awesome... incredible work you did. I'm hoping hes willing to make a guide here... it does take time to write them so it would be very gracious if he does post the guide for us. there are additional settings that can be modified such as throttle temp and to turn off hyperthreading

I need something like this for the r3, i'm sure the temps would be good and the r3 does have headroom on the psu.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, [MENTION=5]Brian K.[/MENTION], I know your busy, but nevertheless I expect you to leave Team NBR and join Tech|Inferno.... :D

And guys, notebook benchmarking isn't that popular, so if your hardware isn't listed at HWbot, let me know (and add a GPU-Z or CPU-Z screenshot), and I'll request it to be added. (Or you can request it yourself, whatever you prefer). I'll let you know as soon as it's added in the database.

• Founder
Hey, @Brian , I know your busy, but nevertheless I expect you to leave Team NBR and join Tech|Inferno.... :D

And guys, notebook benchmarking isn't that popular, so if your hardware isn't listed at HWbot, let me know (and add a GPU-Z or CPU-Z screenshot), and I'll request it to be added. (Or you can request it yourself, whatever you prefer). I'll let you know as soon as it's added in the database.

Oh no doubt I'll be joining the T|I team. Good idea with the team svl7.

• Thumbs Up 1

6970m is in the database, 2920xm isn't (yet). I'd need a CPU-Z screenshot then I could request it for you. Nevermind the HDD and RAM, doesn't matter for the benches, unless you want to do a RAM bench, but afaik you can't make points with RAM benchmarks.

If you can beat a 2600k running at 5.3ghz with a 2920 I will worship you like a god. :burn_joss_stick:

If you can beat a 2600k running at 5.3ghz with a 2920 I will worship you like a god. :burn_joss_stick:

This will be hard... but considering that the max turbo boost of a 920xm was 3.2GHz (one one core) and it's possible to run it at about 4.1-4.2GHz with enough cooling and voltage... it might be possible :D But it'd require some work to get somewhere near these clocks...

Oh well, since my GPU is acting up and thus I wasn't able to makes some crazy records with it I ended up with some quick CPU benchmarking... mainly because I didn't want all of the dice to just vaporize. (It was laying around for hours while I was trying to fix the problem... and it didn't increase...)

Anyway, this brought me some more HWbot points, cracked some records of @DR650SE ... Since he's in a different team I have to beat him (thanks to an insane +300mV CPU core voltage increase) :D

Here my new submissions:

CPU-Z: CPU-Z Validator 3.1

Super Pi 1M:

post-80-14494991672896_thumb.jpg

Super Pi 32M:

post-80-14494991673624_thumb.jpg

PiFast:

post-80-14494991674287_thumb.jpg

... and my new wprime 32M highscore:

post-80-14494991674975_thumb.jpg

Was too lazy for the 1024M... got bored after a couple of crashs. Guess I already had enough BSODs during the other runs, lol. And I wasn't able to increase the RAM voltage to 1.6V... even though I have new Kingston HyperX RAM. After I changed it to 1.6V it worked fine, but when I shut down the system and then rebooted it got into a boot loop once again, had to reset the BIOS per CMOS battery... no idea what's wrong, but it almost seems as if my mobo doesn't like more RAM voltage.

Edit: Ah, and together with the points of @StamatisX and @iloveb00bs we're now #521 in the team ranking...

Edited by svl7
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

hehe I see you've beaten my 1M SuperPi time :D

Unfortunately it is really hot here and I have no air-condition in my room so the place is really boiling... plus I am still unpacking and didn't have time to upload the latest scores