GE62/72 Custiom BIOS

Legion

Hello there.

i'm new here and have one question. Can someone of you talented moders spent some of your precious time and create BIOS which removes power limitation in these laptops?

Both these have very annoying battery drain during load/gaming (AC is plugged) something 20% per hour... When only on AC 970M reduce performance (30% loss)... One guy even bought 180 watt PSU but drain still exists at the same levels... It looks that problem lies in software.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Not really sure why it is doing that. If you have power adapter plugged in, the battery shouldn’t be discharging at all. I wrote a guide HERE for bios modding. I don’t recall anything that specific in the bios settings, but there might be. Look through some of my screen shots possibly. Let me know if you need anything and I’ll look into it.