Windows 8.1

eGPU hardware

PE4C-PM060A 3.0

GTX750Ti video card

Corsair CX430 ATX PSU

HP external LCD

Pictures

Details

Hey guys, I just bought a PE4C 3.0 from Bplus and it worked like a charm! (Except for that error 12 code)

After a while I decided to take the plunge, and the choice wasn't easy since there wasn't any guides for this particular laptop anywhere.

At first I was dreaded with the error 12 message but after a compaction with Nando's setup I was able to rid this error and proceed with installing the drivers for my GTX 750 Ti.

I am slightly novice so I just tried my best to plug and play it. I also used to DDU to get rid of drivers for my Radeon 8730M dGpu.

Right now I just need to figure out how to keep the display onto my external monitor after I quit games. (It switches to internal after I quit)

Feel free to ask questions!

Benchmark results

3dmark11.gpu=5151

Unigine Heaven 4.0=596

And GTA V runs at about 40-50 fps at the lowest settings.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/30/2015 at 1:41 AM, Duck said:

Notebook

15" Dell Inspiron 15R-5521

i7-3537U 2.1Ghz CPU

8GB RAM

Intel HD4000 iGPU

Windows 8.1

eGPU hardware

PE4C-PM060A 3.0

GTX750Ti video card

Corsair CX430 ATX PSU

HP external LCD

Pictures

Details

Hey guys, I just bought a PE4C 3.0 from Bplus and it worked like a charm! (Except for that error 12 code)

After a while I decided to take the plunge, and the choice wasn't easy since there wasn't any guides for this particular laptop anywhere.

At first I was dreaded with the error 12 message but after a compaction with ******'s setup I was able to rid this error and proceed with installing the drivers for my GTX 750 Ti.

I am slightly novice so I just tried my best to plug and play it. I also used to DDU to get rid of drivers for my Radeon 8730M dGpu.

Right now I just need to figure out how to keep the display onto my external monitor after I quit games. (It switches to internal after I quit)

Feel free to ask questions!

Benchmark results

3dmark11.gpu=5151

Unigine Heaven 4.0=596

And GTA V runs at about 40-50 fps at the lowest settings.

Dear Duck, Good day! Congrats on the setup. Hoping you could help me as well. After lots of research you are the only one i saw which has same specs as my laptop. Can you please tell me step by step guide on how you did this? thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Richard, its a little finnicky. And I dont have the setup anymore. But after modifying the bios, its mostly plug and play from there! Just need to have all the parts.

Regards