14" Lenovo Y410P Ideapad + GTX970@4Gbps+c-mPCIe2 (PE4C 2.1) + Win8.1

hydrocell

I looked back through this thread and realized the changes i made to bios through the video were a little different then was discussed in this thread.I changed to uma and that did work from keeping the 755m from anymore interference but now my problem is the gtx970 is showing in my device manager and when i go to install all drivers and everything when the computer restarts and boots backup everything seems to be working fine,the gtx970 and psu power up the fans seem to boost which i would take means the drivers communicated with the device,but then i go back to device manager the gtx970 is no longer there and dont seem to be reconized by the computer.The nvidia software dont recognize the gtx970 but the card and psu power is running like it should be working but its not.Any advice would be very appreciated,i wanna thank everyone from technoinferno for all ive learned from these forums so far cause without all of you ive wouldnt of made it this far.Im hoping ill be able to get this working and wont have to save up for an alienware and its eternal gpu case cause i already spent alot of money on a htc vive and gtx970 both of which i havent been able to get to run properly on my lenovo y410p.

I just got my EXP GDC Beast v8.3 with cooler master 550w power supply and Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780, but I does not detected by Windows. The gpu fan is spinning and exp gdc lights up but not detected at device manager, I've tried to disable nvidia 750M and uninstall the driver but still no available. any suggestion?

What i did to get the gt755m to stay disabled was changing to uma in the bios,they speak on how to do that on first page of this thread,but im having some similar issues,the lights and fan work,my device manager actually shows the gtx970 but once i install the drivers it disappears from the device manager but the fans boost up even more like it should be running,ive searched everywhere but cant seem to really find anything on my issue,heres an article i found i may try this but not sure if it help the issue at hand www.owen-lu.com/egpu,its starting to get frustrating i been working at it over a week now im almost ready to raise my hands up in defeat and just save up for a desktop pc if i dont get it working.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if it would be possible to get an eGPU with a detachable cable and lead it through the ultrabay so the bottom of the laptop doesn't need to be taken off to use it?  I've also read that the detachable cables have trouble maintaining a PCIe 2 connection, any good information on that situation?

• 3 months later...

Lenovo Y510P with single 750 bios 3.05 stock W10 home /64

Using eGPU Asus GTX1060 6Gb on Acer V3-771G with modded bios. Work like a charm on internal or external monitor on W7/64 and W10Pro/64

Now I just want to use 1060on Y510P but can`t instal unlocked bios.

Is anyhere a video for this? I cant back-up my stock bios like in this post :

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. 

I heard that using the Wifi's port (which doesn't have a high bandwidth) could severely reduce the GPU's performance and capabilities. To what extent can this apply on an Y510p?
I'd like to use Sapphire's RX 460 2gb or 4gb with my Lenovo.. 
I considered using Gerald's Ultrabay adapter, but he'll start manufacturing in January. Plus, buying a general adapter could let me use it on future/past/any laptop while the Ultrabay one wouldn't.