G-TOOLS: Enable G-Sync via driver hack...

Our brother GAMENAB has just released the second beta of his G-TOOLS driver hack to enable g-sync without the need for NVIDIAs artificial license locks!

Right now it supports the 17" FHD LG panel which you can find in the P7xxZM systems. Other panels "may work" but are not confirmed, yet...so give it a shot and share your findings... :)

Hey,

I was working all the night figure out how to resolve some issues. As I promised, I’m sharing with you the second G-tools Beta (Work in Progress and Experimentation)

But this time it should work with every G751JY/G751JT old revision (I also fix few issues about how G-sync work on that)

Good news, you can try the G-tools Beta 2 on every laptop equiped of a LG Panel similar to the ASUS G751JY/G751JT that include the Clevo, MSI, Aorus X7 etc… and it should work, try on others panel but don’t expect too much.

If it doesn’t work, just let me know

One problem at the moment ! 350+ NVIDIA Drivers have a lot of instability with G-sync + DSR, worst revision drivers ever made

So I will recommend you to Install the 347.88 WHQL Drivers or anything under 350+ (348, etc… should work) But follow what I recommend until I resolve others issues on 350+ drivers.

Don’t worry I keep up the good work but for now, 347.88 WHQL + G-tools Beta 2 should be pretty stable until the new revision.

How to install ?

Clean Drivers Installation of the 347.88 WHQL (or any similar drivers no 350+)

Reboot

Install G-tools Beta 2

Reboot

Enjoy the show ;)

G-tools Beta 2

P.S : The next version should be compatible with every drivers and every laptop that have the potential to support G-sync

SOURCE: http://gamenab.net/

Info:

The recent talk about BIOS he posted on that blog DOES NOT APPLY 1:1 to the MXM design that Clevo uses.

Clevo MXM g-sync editions cards use a different 'device hardware ID' than the regular model, which is generated by the resistor on the MXM board itself and not vBIOS or BIOS.

Please DO NOT TRY to cross-flash Clevo systems BIOS or vBIOS from g-sync version to normal or the other way round or you will end up with no picture at all.

For now if you have a compatible monitor and want to convert your P7xxZM to enable g-sync you have 3 options:

1. Get a g-sync MXM version of the GPU and cross-flash system BIOS and use G-sync vBIOS

2. Change the MXM board resistor to report G-sync device ID and cross-flash vBIOS and BIOS to g-sync versions

3. Wait for a version of GTool that supports your Clevo system.