Upgrade P370EM to dual GTX 880m

x3000gtx

Hi guys,

I tried searching for this but couldn't find anything directly mentioning upgrading the P370EM to (2) GTX 880m. Do I just have to flash my bios to prema mod v2 to get 2 GTX 880s to work in my system? I would greatly appreciate a detailed explanation/step-by-step guide. :chuncky:

• 4 months later...

Hi, guys

I have a question about P370em gpu upgrade.

Normally, I have known that clevo em series cannot be compatible with Nvidia 7th

8th generation.

However, When i searched some info about P370em gpu upgrade,

I found a curious thing on the Eurocom website.

Eurocom Model Upgrade

here is the link for selecting upgrade for p370em unit.

At the vga section, we can choose the 7th and 8th gen nvidia gpu for this unit!

even though this is em series.

So, i found another unit (p150hm, p150em) to check whether this info is clear or not,

Those units do not have any selections for choosing 7,8th gen gpu.

Is there anybody who tries to upgrade 7-8th gen gpu for p370em??

@Alucardoo If Eurocom's website says that Nvidia 700 and 800 series work it's wrong. 900 series does work though.

Really? But, why do they enable buyers to select those gpus?? I think they have to change or modify those. Yesterday, i e-mailed about this but they didnt reply me about my questions.

To make sure that all units have same selections or not, i checked another model such as p150hm,. p150em, etc. But, these units have right selections for gpus for example, In p150em, i can only choose 6xx series and 7970m/8970m series,

and for p150hm. 6xx , 5xx, 4xx 7970/6990m can be chosen..

I know em series cannot be compatible with 7xx 8xx gpus but i think p370em is something special, (i mean non-optimus) thus, is there anybody who did the test for this machine?

it means, those selections are eurocom's mistakes...right?? it is mysterious,,,those guys made mistakes,,,

It's their mistakes. You should call them (not e-mail) during their working hours if you can (you can use skype; it's free) and tell them of their error. Also, as far as I know, all the EM series can handle 900M chips.

Though, I have to ask... why would you want a 700M or 800M card when a 970M beats them all and overclocks better and runs cooler with a Prema mod?

It's their mistakes. You should call them (not e-mail) during their working hours if you can (you can use skype; it's free) and tell them of their error. Also, as far as I know, all the EM series can handle 900M chips.

Though, I have to ask... why would you want a 700M or 800M card when a 970M beats them all and overclocks better and runs cooler with a Prema mod?

Purely, it is coming from my testing instinction.. now i am frustrating..haha