wireless net card

rjdelew

• 2 weeks later...
if I cannot use the card what card should I use? It tough finding a net card.

ive been using an intel 7620ac and its been fantastic so far. i had an intel 6300 ultimate n that worked great but i would have ping spikes for like a second while playing some games. the ping spike was extremely brief that i most of the time wouldnt notice. only times i had issue with it was when playing bf4 as some servers enforce low ping clients only i would sometimes get kicked out. has not happened once with the 7620ac.

I am using killer 1202 in my systems, no problems in any of them...

really? the 1202 i have is junk it keeps lagging when ever it wants.(cant seem to find any kind of pattern that causes it) after awhile i gave up and ordered the 6300.(this was when i first bought my notebook)

maybe i just got a lemon i dunno as i havent tested it in another notebook yet.

either way these net cards are pretty cheap anyways. i didnt expect the 6300 n to cost 25$ or the 7620 to be 20$ either lol

• 3 weeks later...

There might be more that you would need to get the Killer Wireless AC1525 to work. I've actually implemented this wifi card into my P377SM-A, and I had to pick up a few components to make it work:

1.) Mini PCIe express to m.2 adapter

2.) 2x MHF4 to PCB pigtails 500mm length

3.) Killer Wireless AC1525 WLAN Adapter

The pigtails are for the antenna's since my machine came with standard U.fl adapters and they don't make any kind of jumper between U.fl and MHF4 (you wouldn't want s jumper anyway as that's a point of failure and causes EMI reducing range and bandwidth).

I had to remove my subwoofer from the computer as the WLAN slot is next to the subwoofer and the 1525 wouldn't be able to sit correctly with it in place. You can't use the other m.2 slots on the board as they run directly to the SATA III pinouts on the board itself and isn't seen as a PCIe m.2 slot, but as a hard drive connection (so you have to use the WLAN slot).

I also had to run the antenna's (I had to have these custom made) up through the entire case to the top of the laptop screen which the only way I could do that without the risk of snapping anything was to strip the whole thing down placing the PCB ends at the top of the screen (be really careful as the adhesive on the pigtail PCB's conduct electricity and will fry your motherboard if you place them on it), and running them down the same way the U.fl pigtails were run.

It's a good WLAN card though. Extremely stable and fast. A bit involved for the upgrade, but well worth it in my opinion.

Hope this helps!