Graphics upgrade for MSI GX680

Samadhi

Hi dear sirs !

I am having an MSI GX680 laptop and would like to replace my current gpu(which is gt 555m) with gtx 770m from clevo. The motherboard model is MS16-F2 and should be good. I did find on forums that GT680 had been successfully upgraded that way. I just want to be sure that all info regarding GT680 model is true about GX680 since I dont know the difference between them except the original gpu... The mother board is the same and the heatsink looks the same as well. Price for gtx 770m on ebay is about 250$ and buiyng new laptop with same gpu in Israel would cost me 2000$+. Sorry for bad english and thanks in advance :listening_headphone

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

It is possible to use GTX 770M in MS-16F2,but You need another Heatsink for Kepler Chips.

You also can modify your old Heatsink.

The MSI Vbios you find at Techpowerup.

I have a OC Vbios for it,but i don`t know how to upload here.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...