Clevo P370SM-A Thunderbolt port

Adi

Hello Clevo experts,

I have an Clevo P370SM-A 980m SLI , 32GB RAM, 4910MQ .

Today i bought an External monitor. Acer XB280HK .

Acer XB280HK and G-SYNC Conclusion - Acer XB280HK 4K G-SYNC Monitor Review

I connected the Clevo to the new monitor using a mini DP to DP cable but it doesnt work.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/ミヨシMCO-miniDisplayPort-DisplayPort変換ケ-ブル-ホワイト-DPC-DP01-WH/dp/B005OP1AS2

What could be the problem ? Acer monitor has DP 1.2 but Clevo Thunderbolt is only 1.1 compatible.

Could this be the problem ?

Thank you.

Hello Clevo experts,

I have an Clevo P370SM-A 980m SLI , 32GB RAM, 4910MQ .

Today i bought an External monitor. Acer XB280HK .

Acer XB280HK and G-SYNC Conclusion - Acer XB280HK 4K G-SYNC Monitor Review

I connected the Clevo to the new monitor using a mini DP to DP cable but it doesnt work.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/ミヨシMCO-miniDisplayPort-DisplayPort変換ケ-ブル-ホワイト-DPC-DP01-WH/dp/B005OP1AS2

What could be the problem ? Acer monitor has DP 1.2 but Clevo Thunderbolt is only 1.1 compatible.

Could this be the problem ?

Thank you.

Ok, can you switch in Acer monitor from DP1.2 to 1.1 (I can do it in my DELL monitor) and see what happens? You should have SST signal so 30FPS max on Acer at 4K. It serves just to verify if you have the signal! If not, maybe a bad cable!

Where did you find info about TB port 1.1 capability? Clevo on their site said nothing...