920xm Q....

Alex Six

the 920xm is clocked at 2.0ghz its max multiplier (not counting turbo boost) is 15x (in TS).

with a 5% OC in bios the BLCK is 140.

so here is my question.... can i use SetFSB to raise the BLCK to 200 with a 15x multiplier to reach 3ghz constant? (with turbo mode disabled)

• Founder

with SetFSB you can increase the BCLK but only up to 15MHz, max 20 ???, I can't increase it further than 147 without crashing, 200MHz is simply impossible.

On the other hand if you want to have your CPU constantly at 3GHz you can disable IntelPPM from the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Intelppm

Change the Start from 3 to 4

Reboot

then open ThrottleStop and disable EIST and C1E. Then adjust the multipliers and the TDP/TDC according to your temperatures

• Founder

This is what I got

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2135[/ATTACH]

with the apps I use I don't exceed 86-87C and with wprime v1.55 1024M I don't exceed 96-97C, but that depends on my ambient temperatures as well

I have the CPU repasted with ICD 24 and performed the retention mod so yours will be quite different

that... is... EPIC.....

i wish i had those temps. lol

I love Metal Gear Cheers! The Intel PPM mod is incredible and worth it if you already planned to run no turbo and at 3.0Ghz its plenty worth it. The speed is quite amazing. Also if your worried about temps with the above mod try setting a powersaving percent usage in throttle stop and enable powersaver... in the options whatever you set by powersaver is the percent usage the cpu needs to be to enable the lowest multiplier... but as soon as you start using the cpu it would resume to that 3ghz. Perhaps powersaver+intel ppm would be perfect for you? Usually 10 to 13% is perfect so it doesn't bring down performance.