MSI GT70 MXM Card

tbhuy

Hello,

The GTX 670m card in my GT70 0NC is defect. I would like to replace it by a low cost one.

Could you please tell me which one I can buy.

It's necessary to flash the bios/vbios?

In my country, i can buy some cheap ATI card.

Many thanks

what ati you could buy cheap ?

5870m fromm dell works with modified drivers (leshacats) but fun stays at 100% all the time - probably with newest like 7970m enduro should works correcly and fans spins when temperature rise

• 3 weeks later...

You can use the following Nvidia GPU`s in GT70 ONC:

GTX 460M,GTX 560M,GTX 570M,GTX 580M,GTX 670M,GTX 675M,GTX 670MX,GTX 675MX,GTX 680M,GTX 770M,GTX 780M,GTX 880M,GTX 970M,GTX 980M.

This is not a comolete List,but for this Cards you can get a MSI Vbios.

The cheapest Way to Upgrade i think is to use a GTX 675MX with OC Vbios.

The Card Price is nearly 160€ and the Performance is with OC Vbios 5500 to 6000 Points in 3Dmark11.

• 5 months later...

it also supports ATi HD cards- they are much cheaper to get like HD 7970m- 8970m

for your interest:

i upgrated it with a ATI HD 7970m- with standart CPU i7-3610Qm you`ll get a firestrike13 nearly 4,6k without overclocking under Windows10-

(Windows7 value will be higher than Windows10 because of drivers   +200 to +300 points)

This is same /better value like a GTX 870m

But you have to modify your cooler plate.

You can use Cards on Keplerchip from GTX 670MX to GTX 880M,Cards on Maxwellchips from GTX 970M-GTX 980M or Ati Cards like HD 7970M/8970M.

For Keplerchip You can use the old Heatsink from GTX 570M - GTX 675M without Modification,You only need more Thermalpads.

For a HD 7970M/HD8970M You need to modify the Heatsink.

You can buy a MSI Heatsink for HD 7970M/HD8970M and also for Kepler-and Maxwellcards for MSI.

If the Card are not from MSI You need to flash the MSI Vbios or a modified Driver INF.

If it is no Problem for You to modify a Heatsink,flash a Vbios or modify a INF then look for a cheap Card with Power and take it.

Are You not shure look for a Keplercard with MSI Vbios,but it is not complicated to flash a Vbios.

You can also ask for Advice when You find a Card.

Kühler.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same problem as tbhuy. I have MSI GT70 0NC with dead GTX670M. So I have AMD HD7970M original MSI from GX60 model with heatsink. When I tried it, the fan speed is full. Diode of power button has red color. When windows 10 installed the driver for HD7970m, it went to BSOD.

So I tried flash the latest official bios .10U (for Win7 models nonraid) and latest EC firmware 1414, situation is the same.

Please can you help me? I wouldn´t to buy any graphic card, when I have 100% working MSI HD7970m.

Thank you!

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just want to confirm that I can install/drop in with no modification an MSI GTX 770M to my GT780DXR which has a GTX 570m 1.5gb. I would just like to use the original heatsink that is in system already. If the 770m requires a heatsink mod can someone post what I should look for and if I dont want to mod the heatsink will an MSI GTX680 just drop in ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i have info of my experience for MSI GT60/GT70 and some questions:
1. For start 9xxm series on ivy bridge cpu:
1)need mod driver for gtx 9xxm series with stock vbios from clevo. And need throttle stop program for leave throttle. And need Bios upgrade to .51x or .71x version for GT70 or analog for GT60.
2) need write vbios with mod id from Perma or other. Then video card placed good and works with official drivers.
2. For start 1060 on GT70 on Haswell cpu:
1) People say in upper posts this card start with mod drivers. But vbios from which dealer need? MSI or CLEVO?
2)Can Perma does make vbios with mod ID for GTX 1060 for MSI GT70/GT60. Then we can use official drivers? Please help with this ))))

I have no graphics card at the moment, but will be ordering a gtx 1060. If you will find Zotac 1070, then try to order it.

Edited by Zubatka