Problem with P170EM and 8970m

Opmet

Hi there, I have a problem with my Clevo P170EM and a 8970M.

In BIOS screen at the VGA voice it says "empty", i tryed many versions of Win7, Win8.1 but i can't install vga driver, wait i can install driver but for example in gpu-z the fields about shaders ecc ecc are empty or totally wrong and the dedicated vga doesn't work...

The only OS i can use is a fu***ng Win8 Pro and the only drivers good for me are the old 14.4 and i have many issues with new games (such as GTA5).

Any advice for solve this situation?

This is a cpuz screen about model, chipset and bios.

post-32077-14495000294137_thumb.png

Sorry for my bad english :(

Cheers

Try this

I can't download it because I have only 4 posts...

I've already flashed the BR44618, downloaded from techpowerup.

Yesterday with that BIOS upgrade I managed to install the 15.4.1 beta drivers :D

But in BIOS the vga is still "Empty"

You have BR44618.001 that one above is BR44618.006

Showing empty is normal as the BIOS doesn't know the cards name...has nothing to do with functionality.

You have BR44618.001 that one above is BR44618.006

Showing empty is normal as the BIOS doesn't know the cards name...has nothing to do with functionality.

With your vbios I managed to install the latest 15.6 Beta drivers.

Very thank you :*

• 1 month later...

Sounds like what a newer version 7970M with a 8970M vBIOS would do. Check the GPU physically for the sticker with shipping vBIOS and board revision.

Hi Prema can you have a look at posted photo below of my card. I manage to install the driver yesterday but after few minutes the screen turns blank. Can you help me to install this to unit. Many thanks

post-37531-14495000602635_thumb.jpg

post-37531-14495000602456_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Prema can you have a look at posted photo below of my card. I manage to install the driver yesterday but after few minutes the screen turns blank. Can you help me to install this to unit. Many thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15636[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15637[/ATTACH]

Anyone can help? It possible to flash the card using dell 8970m vbios. Need your inputs guys.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...