12" HP 2560P + GTX670@4Gbps+c-EC2 (EXP GDC Beast) + Win8.1 [OeffOeff]

OeffOeff

I used my 2560p and EXP GDC today together with my GTX970. Everything runs pretty well and I could play Witcher 3 on high setting for an hour without problems (and that with an old sandy bridge dual core!). BUT somehow I can't run the 3dmark13 Firestrike benchmark completely. My Laptop will just reboot at some point and the eGPU seems to completely turn off. :/

Anyhow, here are the results with my GTX970 (HP 2560p, i7 2640m, 8GB, EXP GDC Beast, x1.2)

RE5 benchmark: 178fps

3DMark06: 21371

3DMark11 (GPU): 12841

Should I submit them somewhere so they get added to the list?

Also I noticed that I indeed got a significant lower score before because my CPU was throttling down. I will try to install a liquid pro pad this week, I reckon it will bring down the temp by 2-5°, which is about was I need.

post-36371-14495000267368_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

OeffOeff, are you using external display? What I'm interested in are average fps in demanding games (crysis 3, witcher 3...) on your setup using internal display in native resolution (its 1366x768 right?).

OeffOeff, are you using external display? What I'm interested in are average fps in demanding games (crysis 3, witcher 3...) on your setup using internal display in native resolution (its 1366x768 right?).

Yep, I used an external Display. Performance on the internal Display is a little lower, and quite frankly the display of the Elitebook 2560p is no fun (pretty meh TN+FILM panel). But I tried Witcher 3 on the internal display, with 1366x768 and ultra-settings (no hairworks) I got about 25-30 fps. On moderate high settings I got about 40-50fps iirc.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi Guys,

I was able to setup my GPU with HP Pavilion laptop using GTX 960. But the Card GTX 960 is showing up with error code 12.

My laptop specifications are listed below. Can you please let me know what needs to be done to fix the error code.

Laptop: HP DV7 pavilion notebook Windows 7

Card: GTX 960 4GB

PSU: EVGA 600W

Adapter: V8.0 Beast