15" Lenovo T510 + GTX760@2Gbps+c-EC1 (PE4C 2.1) + Win8.1 [Donnyten]

Donnyten

Hello. I have a Lenovo T510 laptop with four gigs of RAM , running a PE4C EGPU to a evga geforce 760 and the frame rates seem to be super slow. The CPU usage is also very high as well and gameplay keeps stuttering. Is this normal or is there a way to fix this? I am also running Windows 8.1 64 bit. I also read that a user changed the express card speed to gen1 but I do not have any of those options in my bios, which is updated. Also tried on lenovo t410, on windows 7 and 8 , same result, reinstall of os and drivers did nothing. If anyone is knowledgeable please help. Thank you

Requested help with this implementation at http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2109-diy-egpu-experiences-%5Bversion-2-0%5D-493.html#post135319

• 2 weeks later...

So no one have any idea of what's going on? I was told to come here if I needed help with this issue and it's been a while since I last posted this thread. I would really appreciate it if someone could take the time out to help if knowledgable. I'm thinking about buying an EXP GDC to see if that would work better but I'm not sure if it would

Ensure your iGPU is appearing in your Device Manager list. If it's not, then your BIOS is setting your eGPU as the primary display. Without the iGPU you miss out on x1 PCIe compression that can dramatically slow down DX9 apps. The fix there is to delay eGPU assertion until after the BIOS boots by either hotplugging after boot OR by setting delay switches on your eGPU adapter.

Other performance improvements can be had by using an external LCD, disabling eGPU audio in preferences to onboard audio to maximise video bandwidth, setting lower resolution/depth and setting a 60Hz FPS limiter with Rivatuner/EVGA Precision X.

I'll add too that quite a few of the newer Lenovo systems see stuttering when they max out their RAM, eg: Lenovo X220/X230/T430/T530. I am not sure if this is a problem for the older T510. However, consider testing with just 4GB of RAM to see if that improves the slowness described.

• 3 months later...
Ensure your iGPU is appearing in your Device Manager list. If it's not, then your BIOS is setting your eGPU as the primary display. Without the iGPU you miss out on x1 PCIe compression that can dramatically slow down DX9 apps. The fix there is to delay eGPU assertion until after the BIOS boots by either hotplugging after boot OR by setting delay switches on your eGPU adapter.

Other performance improvements can be had by using an external LCD, disabling eGPU audio in preferences to onboard audio to maximise video bandwidth, setting lower resolution/depth and setting a 60Hz FPS limiter with Rivatuner/EVGA Precision X.

Did Tech Inferno Fan's advice help any, OP?