Anyway to check mxm port of msi gt60

kman4you

simply set PRIMARY DISPLAY to IGFx in bios (usually hidden then need AMIBCP4.53 tool to edit bios and change that settings, flash ) and nothing more

@ Klem

do you know if possible modify EC to force more than 55 TDP in any other cpu than XM ?

3820qm in prime95 1/2 test don't stay in even in 35x multipler, temperature under 90C - even handbrake can "kill" 39x to 35x

for i know clevo have unlocked more TDP for nonXM cpu

• Bios Modder

@ Klem

do you know if possible modify EC to force more than 55 TDP in any other cpu than XM ?

3820qm in prime95 1/2 test don't stay in even in 35x multipler, temperature under 90C - even handbrake can "kill" 39x to 35x

for i know clevo have unlocked more TDP for nonXM cpu

Yes, in MSI laptops, real settings for manage TDP, was placed in EC firmware. But without specified EC datasheet its would hard or impossible to figure. Even after disassembling with IDA Pro , or some other 8051 debugger.

don't know if you can flash it on current gt60 - of course first enable SG in bios (mean default options to have "enabled" dGPU)

second need bootable usb with nvflash with 675m bios from dell (don't have that bios)

for creating bootable usb and some help in flashing use http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/2166-%5Bguide%5D-nvidia-vbios-flashing.html

@ Klem

bad news but im expecting to hear that :/

im expecting that problem - the same thing i have when i put gtx 285m (originally from 1gen gt660 ), ati 5870m works almost correcly (expect 100% fan but crysis3 is playable, enduro/power express or whatever switching function is named works correcly with leshcat drivers on gt60 )

you need other laptop where you can detect that 580m or externall programmer or service

Shop ch341a online - Buy ch341a for unbeatable low prices on AliExpress.com

also worth buying some http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Updated-IC-clamp-SOIC8-SOP8-IC-Clip-Universal-For-24C-93C-25-series-SOIC-SOP-Chips/942230675.html?spm=2114.32010308.4.36.FNVbps

to simply put on bios on card withoud desolder chip or soldering cable

im use last week that ch341a to flash gt60 after some secure flash problems ;p

edit

you use legacy boot options (not uefi) ?