eGPU for iMac 12.2+Questions

I'm PerryStudios@Tech Inferno Forum I have couple questions regarding the eGPU. But however I don't have a laptop, but I use a desktop computer and I know eGPU was mainly used for laptops, but I would like it to try on my desktop computer. Here's what I have.

iMac 12.2 (2011 mid) with i7 2600 and AMD Radeon 6970m 2GB.

Despite the fact that AMD Radeon 6970m is a dedicated graphics card. But I'm going to use the same graphic card family instead of Nvidia. I know you recommend Nvidia, but I saw a report of a user using two AMD graphic cards in non-crossfire way and get good performance out of high graphic card. So I have some questions...

-Does DIY eGPU Setup 1.30 might work on iMac's?

-Do you think in the future DIY eGPU Setup 1.30 will work on Windows 10 because Windows 10 upgrade is coming soon

-What do you have against Vidock, do you have bad experience with them? I'm planning to get their product because I don't want have my graphic cards out of exposure. I would like it in the box or covered some sort. If you have a good suggestion, I would love to hear it!

-Do you have any other suggestions for me?

I would appreciated if you take your time and reply ASAP.

Because I would like to be part of the eGPU community, because it's very interesting and I don't want get a new PC. Maybe a laptop in the future, just maybe.

@Tech Inferno Fan

Despite the fact that AMD Radeon 6970m is a dedicated graphics card. But I'm going to use the same graphic card family instead of Nvidia. I know you recommend Nvidia, but I saw a report of a user using two AMD graphic cards in non-crossfire way and get good performance out of high graphic card. So I have some questions...

-Does DIY eGPU Setup 1.30 might work on iMac's?

-Do you think in the future DIY eGPU Setup 1.30 will work on Windows 10 because Windows 10 upgrade is coming soon

-What do you have against Vidock, do you have bad experience with them? I'm planning to get their product because I don't want have my graphic cards out of exposure. I would like it in the box or covered some sort. If you have a good suggestion, I would love to hear it!

-Do you have any other suggestions for me?

I would appreciated if you take your time and reply ASAP.

Because I would like to be part of the eGPU community, because it's very interesting and I don't want get a new PC. Maybe a laptop in the future, just maybe.

@Tech Inferno Fan

Please take a moment to read http://forum.techinferno.com/enclosures-adapters/7939-rip-off-alert-thunderbolt-vidock-bizonbox-crippled-tb-ec-4gbps-units.html and then divert your attention to the native Thunderbolt enclosures used at http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/6578-implementations-hub-tb-ec-mpcie.html#Thunderbolt with AKiTiO Thunder2 being the most popular due to price.

In terms of using Setup 1.20/1.30, its recommended you install Win8.1/10 in UEFI mode (rather than BIOS/MBR) and see if that resolves any error 12 that you may have. It's been doing that very well for many Macbook users as can be seen in that implementations link.

Please take a moment to read http://forum.techinferno.com/enclosures-adapters/7939-rip-off-alert-thunderbolt-vidock-bizonbox-crippled-tb-ec-4gbps-units.html and then divert your attention to the native Thunderbolt enclosures used at http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/6578-implementations-hub-tb-ec-mpcie.html#Thunderbolt with AKiTiO Thunder2 being the most popular due to price.

In terms of using Setup 1.20/1.30, its recommended you install Win8.1/10 in UEFI mode (rather than BIOS/MBR) and see if that resolves any error 12 that you may have. It's been doing that very well for many Macbook users as can be seen in that implementations link.

@Tech Inferno Fan

I have read that post couple weeks ago and I have been speaking with Vidock customer service, they admit they don't have any sources of any users using their product on iMac, which is funny in their website it works all Mac products even they add iMac image on it lol. And they did suggest not to take the risk due of code 12 and lack of source due of their false advertising. But when I read it again, now I completely understand due of their limit bandwidth that contains 4Gbps. So it takes more than that to give good performance for the eGPU to boost correct? I was considering of using AKiTiO Thunder2, but however I don't like the idea of GPU being out exposure. Is it possible I can tear out AKiTiO Thunder2 and put it back together with GPU inside with PSU along with it. If not, I guess I'll have to get used to it. I don't mind PSU out the open. But will it cause electricity issues or something sort?

I believe the Bootcamp Drivers I'm using are the ones I'm using that the user entzoe point out in instructions. Bootcamp Driver Support 5.1.5621 So I should be okay for Windows 10 in the future. Unless I'm missing something. I did use Bootcamp to install Windows 7 into my iMac and used Bootcamp 5.1.5621 Drivers along with Apple Support Drivers that contain support for keyboard, mouse, facecam, etc.