Is it possible to change 675m for 880m - M17x r4?

I know TomJGX (over at NBR and here) has a 970M in their R4 and they're running in optimus mode. if you're looking to grab a 970M then speak with Lee James Wood aka woodzstack and he'll give you a price that's much better than what Eurocom is charging. He also has an ebay listing but it'll be better for both parties if it's was done outside of ebay as they don't have to pay seller fees and you don't have to pay any import tax.

I got my 980M directly from woodzstack and they offered $850 Canadian + $17 for shipping. if I went with Eurocom it would have been just under $1200 CAD because of tax and generally they charged an extra $130.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree that Lee is the goto guy for MXM cards. As for a card I am paying 580 US dollars for a "new" 780m GTX for my R3....Hoping it has Samsung memory but even with Hy-nix it not bad. I seriously don't like Hy-nix memory, too many cards to die from it. Also I really vote against buying used MXM cards, refub and used are normally a nightmare save you have real trust for the seller.

• 1 month later...

last week , i have repalce gtx 680m with new 880m 8G clevo for my R4..... every thing ok , but Farcry 4 have poblem fps :( ( but 680m every thing ok ) . driver 350.12 with inf mod . My spec R4 : i7 3630QM / 16G / Samsung 840Pro 256G .

• 8 months later...

As long as it is an MXM 3.0 compatible card, it should theoretically work. Just make sure that you have a big enough power supply to power it. Also make sure that it will physically fit and that your heatsink lines up with the chip. Fyi, some laptops designed last decade had the VBIOS stored in the BIOS chip on the motherboard rather than the GPU itself, complicating the possibility of performing an upgrade. You might also be interested in modding your BIOS for overclocking and modding your INI files.