OFFICIAL: M18x Benchmarking Thread

StamatisX

Finally, Clevorr is getting with the program. LOL!

We will never knock what you do sitting on a desktop during normal conditions. That would be the norm after benching is over. Benching for us is like letting the world know..This machine is capable of reaching these types of clocks and speed under great conditions. Once your done seeing what it's max might really be, then you go back to normal operations and every day clocks..... But with a sense of internal pride.....Knowing what you rig can do when you really put your mind to it.

And here is an even easier setup...

Note Laptop is fully put together. LOL

If you can't pull off any of this, then just go out side one night. Roll out the wireless tv and head on out back when it is far cooler than daytime. That would even help. Many members have done this. Just bundle up!!

post-638-14494995629713_thumb.jpg

post-638-14494995629713_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah i get what your saying. If your going to bench and push the system you wanna give it the best safest possible conditions to do so, that being the coolest. Hahaha Wow, that is a serious cooling setup for benching right there.. Damn! :83:

New World Record

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8032[/ATTACH]

Nice, well done Mr. Fox, Damn, the 780,s have gone way past me total, i have to upgrade.. LOL

Edit: Oh, i should have known that was Johnksss,s new top score. Hahaha Gratz on the new Record Johnksss!! :chuncky:

One is 680M SLI (mine) and the other is 780M SLI (Brother John). Both are top scores with each GPU. Did you source an AC unit?

One is 680M SLI (mine) and the other is 780M SLI (Brother John). Both are top scores with each GPU. Did you source an AC unit?

Haha, No but i went outside on a cool night and was able to get a bit more out of it. If my cards had better memory i could hit 16k total with 680m,s but the memory is shocking.. Found a nice little 12000btu unit with vents on the top that i might grab.. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks man, you do know that its sli 460's though right? I had one that was a bit higher about 18.5k gpu but the damn thing locked up as I opened snipping tool. Do I need an invite or something to count my posts to the TI team? There will be more coming down the road, I'm on stock paste and a 2 pipe cpu heatsink right now, I also need to figure out how the hell to get the multi above 45x and you can expect some more insanity ;)

Right, SLI, hahahaha :D Just revert your overclocks after you get the results, so the chances for a lockup are smaller. I only vaguely remember reading about the multi in the R1... I think it should work with XTU, but I might be mistaken. [MENTION=119]Mr. Fox[/MENTION] or @johnksss might now the answer.

You should be able to join the team without any further approval. Let me know if you run into issues.

Yeah XTU doesn't seem to be doing a damn thing with my rig, I've tried bumping the multi in XTU and once it reboots the bios resets to 35/32/28/28 even though it was 45/45/45/45 before and as a result it locks up as soon as it tries to load. I got an account setup, just in the painful process of entering the scores and all the hardware xD

Hmm, then it was either a bios setting or Throttlestop...

Yeah, user interface of the bot has some serious issues, but you'll get used to it in no time.

Hi all I hope someone can give me a pointer or two about my overclock on the new AW 18. As of now, the highest 3Dmark11 I could reach is about this: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M video card benchmark result - Intel® Core i7-4800MQ CPU @ 2.70GHz,Alienware Alienware 18

Right now I have a +160/150 on both GPU, with power target 146% and temp target 92C. Temp is quite high already, max was 87C on the main GPU and 84C on the second GPU. Perhaps I could run it at slightly lower voltage now that I have raised the power target.

Here are a couple more records. It sure is nice not having to toggle CPU clock speed profiles any more. Dual PSU made things a lot more convenient. Seems more stable now with extreme CPU overclocks as well.

[FONT=microsoft sans serif]wPrime 32M 5.048 sec @ 4.8GHz [/FONT]

[FONT=microsoft sans serif]NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M SLI benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor,Alienware M18xR2 - P15413 3DMarks [/FONT]

Edit: looks like this is 680M SLI world record per HWBOT and Futuremark web search. Brother @johnksss - you going to bench that R1 some more and put me in my place? This don't feel right.

Probably not for a few weeks. Still testing 780m stuff.

And that is not putting you in your place. That place you earned. So never ever forget that!

We have come a long long way. Time to accept your credit as part of that class of overclocking and benching.

• 2 weeks later...