OFFICIAL: M18x Benchmarking Thread

StamatisX

Not 4.5GHz because it requires too much flex. I could do it, but it would be running warmer than I would like it to be. Plus, with an over-volted vBIOS it will sometimes turn off under extreme combined CPU and GPU load with only 330W available.

But, as I showed abpve, 4.3-4.4GHz is no problem because I can run with lower flex and pri plane. I ran benchmarks on 9 games without overheating. I did use a slightly more aggressive fan profile. Had the fans boosting to 100% at 75°C. It isn't necessary for gaming... having FPS that high is well beyond what is required for an excellent gaming experience. I only did it to prove a point to a dufus on a different forum.

I fixed the header in the second graph on the top row to read Arkham City.

Thank you MrFox. Im expecting my 2nd gpu with 3920xm cpu to arrive today. Im planning on overclocking to 4.3 or 4.4 24/7. I have learned alot from this community especially you, I like your tutorials. Thank you again.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Not 4.5GHz because it requires too much flex. I could do it, but it would be running warmer than I would like it to be. Plus, with an over-volted vBIOS it will sometimes turn off under extreme combined CPU and GPU load with only 330W available.

But, as I showed abpve, 4.3-4.4GHz is no problem because I can run with lower flex and pri plane. I ran benchmarks on 9 games without overheating. I did use a slightly more aggressive fan profile. Had the fans boosting to 100% at 75°C. It isn't necessary for gaming... having FPS that high is well beyond what is required for an excellent gaming experience. I only did it to prove a point to a dufus on a different forum.

I fixed the header in the second graph on the top row to read Arkham City.

What bios version and settings are you using for 4.3/4.4? I'd like to use a good 24/7 gaming oc.

Thank you MrFox. Im expecting my 2nd gpu with 3920xm cpu to arrive today. Im planning on overclocking to 4.3 or 4.4 24/7. I have learned alot from this community especially you, I like your tutorials. Thank you again.
Your words are very kind and I appreciate them. Thank you.

A great portion of what I know and share should be credited to the people that I have learned from also. Collaboration is extremely valuable and pays huge dividends when it comes to building knowledge.

What bios version and settings are you using for 4.3/4.4? I'd like to use a good 24/7 gaming oc.
I am using unlocked A10. The settings are going to vary by clock speed. 20 flex (or less), 99/56/99 on turbo time and power limit settings and 895 pri plane should get the job done nicely for those clock speeds.
I ran into what seems like a potential failure in one of my OCZ Agility 3 SSD. After an updated firmware flash, the problem appears to be gone... so, here's hoping that it's not going to need an RMA. It's a real shame the Agility 3 incompressible data transfer speeds are so low. Their compressible data transfer performance is excellent.

aW5E7YJl.jpg

Your words are very kind and I appreciate them. Thank you.

A great portion of what I know and share should be credited to the people that I have learned from also. Collaboration is extremely valuable and pays huge dividends when it comes to building knowledge.I am using unlocked A10. The settings are going to vary by clock speed. 20 flex (or less), 99/56/99 on turbo time and power limit settings and 895 pri plane should get the job done nicely for those clock speeds.

I ran into what seems like a potential failure in one of my OCZ Agility 3 SSD. After an updated firmware flash, the problem appears to be gone... so, here's hoping that it's not going to need an RMA. It's a real shame the Agility 3 incompressible data transfer speeds are so low. Their compressible data transfer performance is excellent.

aW5E7YJl.jpg

Hi Mr Fox, other than the settings you have mentioned above to manipulate for overclocking are there any others that we should play with to help stabilize?

Nothing I can think of at the moment. It really boils down to figuring out the best combination of flex and pri plane needed to achieve your highest stable overclock and then keeping it cool enough. It can be time consuming trial and error identifying the ideal settings, but cooling is the toughest part once you start getting above 4.5GHz.

• Founder

Private plane is when you have a lot of money and can afford to buy hot chicks and a boat to go with it.

Sent from my GT-N7000

• Thumbs Up 3

aW5E7YJl.jpg

FYI - I haven't had an ounce of trouble since updating the SSD firmware. Pretty glad about that, but odd that after being used for a year or so they need a firmware update to continue working correctly. That doesn't make a lot of sense, but at least it's fixed now.

Here is a Tomb Raider Benchmark with a comparison of "Normal" versus "TressFX" for Lara's hair quality.

This is not really my style... more like an interactive movie than a game. Never have liked RPG too much... much prefer FPS genre.

But, I have to give them credit for how utterly amazing the graphics are.

xiH4SVm.jpg

• 1 month later...

Looking pretty spiffy there, Brother John. Thinking you might get another one for SLI or stick with 680M SLI for now?

Another 3920XM world record...

bFu17VDl.jpg

dVXMnwrl.png

• Founder

Is it actually boosting to 987 or just says that? I think once you break a little over 1000 mhz core you will hit 10k GPU. If you can get 1100 MHz then 10.5k might be a possibility.

Is it actually boosting to 987 or just says that? I think once you break a little over 1000 mhz core you will hit 10k GPU. If you can get 1100 MHz then 10.5k might be a possibility.

Yep. It is in fact actually boosting. That part seems to now work fine. And it's already running over at 1040 core. :D. You can see it in the graph running at 1032 now. It's just getting above that part now.... is where im at.

Yep. It is in fact actually boosting. That part seems to now work fine. And it's already running over at 1040 core. :D. You can see it in the graph running at 1032 now. It's just getting above that part now.... is where im at.

It looks like svl7 figured out how to kill the 780m power throttling? I see constant 1032mhz.