OFFICIAL: M18x Benchmarking Thread

StamatisX

• Founder

Here's my personal best so far. I think I've finally gotten past the major hurdle that was blocking me. I just need to tweak some more and should be able to cross 17k GPU shortly if I ever get time: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2920XM Processor,Alienware M18xR1 score: P13612 3DMarks

post-5-14494994076587_thumb.jpg

Here's my personal best so far. I think I've finally gotten past the major hurdle that was blocking me. I just need to tweak some more and should be able to cross 17k GPU shortly if I ever get time: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2920XM Processor,Alienware M18xR1 score: P13612 3DMarks

Brian what was the hurdle for you?

Yes, and that is a delicate balancing act, too. It took me hours of trial and error to find what was best for mine. It would be a whole lot easier and have a better outcome if we were not so limited by the capacity of the 330W PSU.

Yep, will want to do that. ;) Ill let you know version details when its all up and running..

@johnksss Damn, nice P score you have there. Very sweet CPU overclock. I will be needing some help to OC my CPU when its in the AW after i sought out the unlocked bios.. :(

Dont let that stop you from getting those gpu's inline. :). You dont need an unlocked bios for that, only an unlocked vbios.

@Brian. Just waiting on the AW 3 pipe Extreme CPU sink cooler, should be here in couple days.. It came with 3720QM. Got everything else. ;)

Now is the time to practice. :)

Nice run there!

Glad to see you finally getting things in order. You should be crossing the 17k line pretty soon! Good job.

Looking better!

Balancing temperature, power draw and finding the right voltage.

Sent from my GT-N7000

So true

Yes, and that is a delicate balancing act, too. It took me hours of trial and error to find what was best for mine. It would be a whole lot easier and have a better outcome if we were not so limited by the capacity of the 330W PSU.

If it was easy....Everyone would be doing it...:)

For our systems a 400W supply would be ideal.

Would like it to be 400W's RMS.

Here a new second place 3DMark11 score...

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2920XM Processor,Alienware M18xR2 score: P14412 3DMarks

p14412.jpg

And, a new Aquamark3 score (317016) ...it has been a long time since I ran that one.

am317016.jpg

I need to rerun all my old benchmarks. Because I see you tried to borrow one of my golds for a day. :D

Very Nice Mr. Fox.. I don't think i will be able to get as high as you 2 guys but you never know lol I have no clue how to OC my CPU in a laptop platform so i will have to do some study and trials and even before that, run the right unlocked AW bios and start the trials. GPU should be sweet as im gonna use the all famous Vbios that brings out amazing feats from the 680m,s ;)

• Founder
Very Nice Mr. Fox.. I don't think i will be able to get as high as you 2 guys but you never know lol I have no clue how to OC my CPU in a laptop platform so i will have to do some study and trials and even before that, run the right unlocked AW bios and start the trials. GPU should be sweet as im gonna use the all famous Vbios that brings out amazing feats from the 680m,s ;)

Like @johnksss said you should get started on the gpu overclocking since the cpu can come later.

Sent from my GT-N7000

I need to rerun all my old benchmarks. Because I see you tried to borrow one of my golds for a day. biggrin.png
@johnksss - just helping you stay focused on things my friend. Teamwork! I'll never catch you, buddy. And if I do, it will only be for a few minutes, LOL. Students don't outclass professors... at least those that want to graduate with honors do not.
GPU should be sweet as im gonna use the all famous Vbios that brings out amazing feats from the 680m,s wink.png
@Clevorr - thanks, bud. You'll get there. Having a good vBIOS is a start, but there is a lot of work to be done. It's not a flash-and-go proposition. You will likely notice some immediate improvements, but the real results come over time, through trial and error, keeping track of what works and what doesn't, and trying new things until you get sick of trying.

That's not 1118 young grasshoppa! That's why it's not 50K yet. Now follow my lead young grasshoppa!. :D

• Founder
But Sensei, 1118 caused a lockup. I shall try again to snatch the pebble from your hand.:01:

Hey Brenner I got your message, I ended up crashing around 10:30 last night. Going to give those settings a shot when I get home from work today.

Sent from my GT-N7000

• Founder

After much fiddling with my system and these Clevo cards + some great tips from my buddy @Mr. Fox I finally joined the 17k gpu and 14k overall club. Guess these crappy Clevo's were able to put on the big boy pants and join Dell: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2920XM Processor,Alienware M18xR1 score: P14215 3DMarks Of course thanks goes to @svl7 since all of us would be pissed about NVIDIA gimping these cards had our resident vbios genius not gotten passed their bullshit. Also props to @johnksss for keeping us excited enough to continue the chase.

post-5-14494994080992_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1