OFFICIAL: M18x Benchmarking Thread

StamatisX

@Conker @Jimbo

Its not your 3secs 32m Conkers lol or your 149sec 1024m but its not as far as it once was ;) feels good being under 10 secs of your 1024m Jimbo being the cooling you have and the laptop i have AC or not lol :P cheers

Shit really close to my results :D but watch this

hehe :triumphant:
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Conker i love 3960x ftw 12headed beast :) i have no doubt you can do some of that action :)

little closer :) 6~ secs from your 2600k 1024m Jimbo :)

i7 2960XM Wprime 1024M 155.81 Seconds

post-34-14494992692729_thumb.png

that was sick Conkers hell yeah

saw this one after just sick!!!!

Edited by mw86
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nice run marc!

Thanks Brian I get my mobo soon and am all done with parts issues. I am gonna do clean install and get on BF3 server than probably tuesday the tech will call to schedule the repair mobo shipped yesterday.

Been cooling with that AC rig i made in the Notebook Cooler Thread :)

If these do 8thread 5ghz i cant even fathom 3960xm and next gen to come 5900series is going to blow our minds because of fabrication sizes decreases :)

We're working and/or playing games :D

Thats understandable im gonna be making use of the BF3 server a lot should be tuesday Mobo goes in.

post back on before that is total epic fail :P on my part

So lmfao my last wprime 32m posted above was a result of being tired it was in 5160mhz range and was throttling because i was tired i thought it said 4 secs etc lmfao. here is my more appropriate results

5130mhz wprime 32m 8thread for 4.8 secs :)

post-34-1449499271032_thumb.png

Edited by mw86
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I also posted this over in NBR:

Sorry to interrupt here, I have begun to adjust some settings with ThrotteStop, mainly using

this guide

for reference, yet I am confused as to the max TDP/TDC or wattage that can be safely applied. I assume that 100-120 W would be about as most you would want to go and not have thermal shut downs yet in ThrottleStop under TPL/Power Limits the default is currently at 300 W (Power Package Limit). Now, I believe this is because I have made some recommended changes via the modified A05 BIOS a while back that unlocked the long limit duration among other things, but should I turn this down?

Thanks in advance.

• Thumbs Up 1

I also posted this over in NBR:

Sorry to interrupt here, I have begun to adjust some settings with ThrotteStop, mainly using

this guide

for reference, yet I am confused as to the max TDP/TDC or wattage that can be safely applied. I assume that 100-120 W would be about as most you would want to go and not have thermal shut downs yet in ThrottleStop under TPL/Power Limits the default is currently at 300 W (Power Package Limit). Now, I believe this is because I have made some recommended changes via the modified A05 BIOS a while back that unlocked the long limit duration among other things, but should I turn this down?

Thanks in advance.

I read your PM's friend and the links to posts of yours and I am PMing you know sorry I have not responded I had an accident and am back now. Sorry for your troubles PMing you now.

Okay I guess basically the pictures say all :) the pics have descriptions

post-34-14494993073139_thumb.jpg

So after learning Thaiphoon Burner some I've successfully flashed my dell Samsung 2-4gb modules in dual channel to 2133mhz but at fairly competitive 10-10-10-27 timings and at only 1.55volts which I downloaded memtest86+ to test the ram for real world stability and had no probs tested for 31hours on memtest86+ (the newest glitch free version of memtest) off a USB drive.

I say fairly competitive since there is no 2133 laptop memory for sale as of right now. this Kingston ram was talked of being released and has yet to see a store shelf but it is noted that they achieved 2133mhz at 1.5v with 9-11-9-27 timings :) I can't seem to get 9-9-9loading but perhaps with more tinkering a similar timing may work... since 9-11-9 isn't as tight as 9-9-9 i may still get farther. Kingston's Crazy Fast HyperX 2133MHz SO-DIMMs Receives Intel XMP Certification - HotHardware

Have to say Thaiphoon Burner is a bit to get used too and not safe for just flashing with no direction... I used the videos from their website and went from there. Thaiphoon Burner - Official Support Website

it was $22 and worth every penny

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

i used this variation to easily make a bootable usb drive

"Auto-installer for USB Key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7)"

*guys note a glitch I found and may be only my system or my mouse but when running Memtest I accidentally moved mouse and the system restarted I tho9ught it failed i go back and find out if i moved my corded usb mouse the test will exit... then the test wasn't even going and I moved mouse and strange garbled crud showed up so I started over on a restart using no external mice or usb devices other than the flash drive :) maybe it was some kind of issue with memory addresses in USB devices... who know but since i did this no more results of sudden restarts in memtest86+

the version I used of memtest is apparently the latest revised version as I used one long ago that was glitchy and buggy... so no more of this http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m17x/142-official-m17x-r3-benchmarking-thread-12.html#post19666 which i am sorry @deadbydawn I didn't know of this newer version. But now if you or anyone tests with this app it should be problem free on this version.

guys if any of you would like to see any sort of tests and or comparisons let me know i'd be more than willing...

post-34-14494993063664_thumb.png

post-34-14494993064679_thumb.png

post-34-14494993065743_thumb.png

post-34-14494993066699_thumb.png

post-34-14494993067805_thumb.png

post-34-14494993068884_thumb.png

post-34-14494993069918_thumb.png

post-34-1449499307102_thumb.png

post-34-14494993071496_thumb.png

post-34-14494993071975_thumb.png

post-34-1449499307278_thumb.png

Edited by mw86
  • Thumbs Up 4

Just an update the above Samsung Model is as follows and the specific memory chips numbers too. As I have bought a second pair same model i found second set has different date code and different memory chips on it. So the following is the information on the chips which I have working at 2133mhz 10-10-10-27

Samsung M471B5273DH0-CK0

4Gb 2Rx8 PC3-12800S-11-11-F3 1134 (date code)

chip info:

SEC 131 HCK0

K4B2G08460

GEG668GAC

I retested using 1.5volts on the ram on Memtest86+ and it failed after a few hour... so 1.55V is required.

post-34-14494993078054_thumb.jpg

post-34-14494993074974_thumb.jpg

post-34-14494993076517_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

It's important that our bios in M18x has select-able ram speeds or it makes it far riskier not being able to take an unbootable module out and booting a lower ram speed manually otherwise you boot everytime to you default SPD EXT. :| and if you had to experiment a bit like I needed to above I wouldn't of been able to boot the ram at a lower speeds like 1066/1333/1600.

additionally doing such modifications is risky as if not done correctly and somehow one modified the timing tables to drastically the ram could be rendered useless but not armed with knowledge and following guides... the ones hosted by Thaiphoon Burner are spot on. After learning from their videos one simply starts with perhaps a Jedec timing in the aforementioned 2133mhz and attempts to boot that. You can add XMP profile and test them that way which perhaps is safer... but again follow their guides carefully. No one should just jump right in without reading and watching as much as you can.

Now here is a scenario of what if I go to far and the timings on the plug and play method are too low and the timing table for lower speeds are all too tight for the system to boot to? Well I have a pair of Corsair in need for this method of a fix... I'll post the results as soon as I have time and try the fix.. but here's the fix.

Fix for unbootable ram flash :)

1: take off the keyboard

2: remove all ram except for a low grade working one.

3: put it in the bottom slot. (under keyboard)

4: boot to bios and set 1333

5: shut down

6: get jacked up ram ready for insertion...

7: turn on computer and wait 2 seconds and insert jacked up memory.

8: boot to windows

9: this is the trickey part...make sure you flash the right one because TB can read both memory.

10: once flashed, shut down and turn off. turn on and boot to bios. that stick should now be showing.

-Johnkss

Thanks goes to Johnkss for the fix. Always have atleast a regular chip to boot from its crucial :) when flashing multiple modules it is better to test individually until you know what ranges you can get to...

you can test your ram range by increasing baseclock and adding ram volts if necessary but eventually baseclock causes too many system instabilities to be accurate on testing your ram on into 105+ but for reference in a post some where I had no prob getting these to 2278mhz on 1.55v @12-12-12-36 on 106.8 baseclock :)

Edit:

http://forum.techinferno.com/storage/450-just-bought-my-incoming-m18x-3.html#post20937 -2278mhz

http://forum.techinferno.com/attachments/storage/4111d1335289863-ram-2133-2278-mhz-8x.png

Edited by mw86