VBIOS for 3gb and 4gb versions of the 970m and 980m anyone?

Hi, guys! I've been browsing the forums a lot lately and as of now, I've yet to find Vbios for the 3gb and 4gb versions of the 970m and the 980m respectively. I'm not sure if no one has ever come around to unlocking them or I just haven't looked hard enough. In any case, if someone here actually knows where to find them, please do tell as I'm completely sure that it would help a lot of people (myself included).

Unlike MXM versions, the vBIOS of BGA (on-board) versions of GTX9xxM cards are not 100% interchangeable between systems...only use a Mod based on the vBIOS of your system.

Unlike MXM versions, the vBIOS of BGA (on-board) versions of GTX9xxM cards are not 100% interchangeable between systems...only use a Mod based on the vBIOS of your system.

So, if for example I downloaded and attempted to use a vbios for my AW 15 with a 970m that was made for a Asus or Clevo laptop, my laptop will get damaged? (Sorry if some of my terminology is a bit off, I'm still a noob when it comes to OCing)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi master Prema and everyone...

I just bought my GT72-2QE... and found this thread after some internet search for Bios unlock and 980m bios unlock.

I've been into OC on desktop's since 90's. Actually my Vapochilled nick comes from the old Vapochill systems (evaporator's sub-zero overclocks). In other words, I'm new to laptops, but not Oc's.

After reading several pages, I got even more confused.

My laptop:

- MSI GT72 2QE-1056XPT (Dominator Pro)

- Graphic card: 980M with 4GB RAM (I believe these cards and MXM)

My doubts after reading several pages and posts (from here and other forums):

1. Can I just use your Prema OC unlock bios for clevo's? Or do I need to customize, or do you know a link to unlock the 980m 4GB card for the MSI laptops? I only find 8GB bios......
  2. I'm willing to donate to your great work

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
Hi guys, i have a question. Is it possible for myself to unlock the vbios of my 3gb 970m? I have a sager np8651

You can try. But it is not so simple. For modify vbios you need have some knowledge and expirience in this area.