Help with OC 4960x

baddemichl

Hi at all,

I bought a p570wm with a 3960x Cpu. It was allways overheating, so i dicided to buy a 4960x.It is running very fine and very cooler then the old one.

But now i´m interested in oc this Cpu. I tried to oc it in Bios, but when i go higher then 6x4.0 . i get a blue screen with critical system failure. my bios is from prema v5.

So i tryed Intel XTU. with that i could go to 6x4.4. Above that i get the same screen.i don´t Change the Setting for current and voltage, because i don´t know what i have to do.

I wouldn´t damage my Cpu.

I hope sameone can explain me the Setting and how to use it.

Sorry for my bad english.:smile:

4.4GHz at default voltage is very good. All settings I refer to are in XTU, since that is what I am familiar with.

You should raise "Turbo Boost Power Max" and "Turbo Boost Short Power Max" to anything over 200W to make sure it stays at the speed you specify. To raise the voltage use "Additional Turbo Voltage". For long term use keep this setting under 100mV to avoid shortening the CPU's lifespan.

• Thumbs Up 1

I tryed something, but i can´t go over 4.4. What does the " Core Current Limit " mean? Should i go there higher too?

That is related to the absolute maximum instantaneous power draw allowed by the CPU. You should not need to touch it, but raising it won't hurt.

4.4GHz at default voltage is very good. All settings I refer to are in XTU, since that is what I am familiar with.

You should raise "Turbo Boost Power Max" and "Turbo Boost Short Power Max" to anything over 200W to make sure it stays at the speed you specify. To raise the voltage use "Additional Turbo Voltage". For long term use keep this setting under 100mV to avoid shortening the CPU's lifespan.

Thank you for your wonderful inisght! I am picking up a Panther 5 with 4960x and this is very appreciated. Hope all is well Khenglish. I finally managed 2400mhz ram dual channel on my Alien 18 w/4940MX Cheers!

Thank you for your wonderful inisght! I am picking up a Panther 5 with 4960x and this is very appreciated. Hope all is well Khenglish. I finally managed 2400mhz ram dual channel on my Alien 18 w/4940MX Cheers!

Hi neighbor (almost). Did you buy your 570WM from Eurocom? Congrats, you will love it. It's a real beast! Got over 19K overall score in FS with mine. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4960X,Clevo P570WM powered by PremaMod.com

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi neighbor (almost). Did you buy your 570WM from Eurocom? Congrats, you will love it. It's a real beast! Got over 19K overall score in FS with mine. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4960X,Clevo P570WM powered by PremaMod.com

Yes I just purchased it from Eurocom since they seem to be one of the few 570WM on the market as the rest have been taken off the shelves. You and Johnksss congrats nothing but epic between your two runs! I can't wait been on mobile cpus for a long time really excited to step into desktop realm. Had fun so far on that 4790k I won. Stable at 4.7 and stays cool. Runs 4.8 stable but Boinc gets it a little toasty so I use 4.7ghz. Seen into 5ghz but had benched it much yet. The 2800mhz desktop ram is pretty cool too. Cheers will have to check out all you and John have been posting. Have plenty to catch up on here ;)

lol between you and Khenglish we all are fairly close, howdy neighbor lol

BAM >>> Clash of the Titans:

Result

:D

Time to check out the new driver: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/85819/

Hi Prema :D Wow! You are not kidding, I feel the thunder! Epic! Looking forward to some fun too hehe.

• Thumbs Up 1