GTX680m utilisation in WoW

Doryn

Hello,

I am a new member on these forums and am looking for a little bit of enlightenment regarding an issue I have with World of Warcraft GPU utilisation.

I have found that in certain zones of the game, my GPU utilisation is at a steady 99% and fps are between 60-80 at Ultra settings or 90-120 at Good (setting at which I currently raid) while in other zones my fps is sluggish at 20-40 on Ultra or 30-50 at Good while my GPU utilisation stays below 50%. Would that mean that my CPU is a bottleneck in these zones for some reason? BTW, both of those zones are outdoor zones so it should be similar in terms of amount of stuff to render. I thought at first that it was caused by software attempts to conserve power and made sure to change my nvidia settings to 'Prefer maximum performance' but it does not change anything.

Anyone have the same issues with a similar system?

Thanks!